GATEWAY 3DS and 7.1.0-15x Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by J. Sinclair, Feb 4, 2014.

1. J. Sinclair
    OP

J. Sinclair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2014
    Norway
    Tiller, Norway
    3DS XL Running 4.2.0-9E.

I had just gotten around to fix my GW kit and even got my backup of New Super Mario Bros. 2 to work. I then wanted to try playing Super Mario 3D Land and noticed that it did not load.
    My bad as I remembered that I would have to load into "GW Classic Boot"...
    But I didn't. I turned the 3DS off and booted it normally and I was back in 4.2.
    When I then proceeded to load the Gateway menu by pressing L + NDS Profile it loaded the NDS Profile??
    Not the GW menu...

What did I do wrong?
    What happened to my emuNAND, and why is the GW menu "gone"?

Do I just rewrite everything and start from scratch again or do I just have to rewrite some files to the SD card?

All help would be awesome as I could not find answers to this online or on this forum.
    I updated the emuNAND maybe 20 minutes ago from this post being posted, so unless Nintendo has put out another update within the past 20 min I am pretty sure it's on 7.1.0-15E.
    I just want to be able to load the GW menu again so I can jump between 4.2 and 7.1...

J. Sinclair BuzzBazz

2. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Have you tried running GWInstaller.nds again? Do you have Launcher.dat on the SD card?

3. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Put in the blue card again and reinstall the GWLauncher. You must have simply corrupted the profile settings, it's no big deal, a reinstall will fix it.

4. J. Sinclair
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2014
    Norway
    Tiller, Norway
    Sweet :D
    Thanks for quick reply ;)
    Yeah once I had emunand in 7.1 I think I went to update the Mii Plaza and then to the store to DL Pok├ęBank and Youtube... Loaded New Mario2 up and after that it was weird...

5. J. Sinclair
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2014
    Norway
    Tiller, Norway
    Oh, yeah, Launcer.dat still on the SD card, but it had been edited since I put it there and had a weird date on it.
    redoing the blue card in hope that that is the only thing I have to do.