Hacking Gateway 3ds 2.0b1 help with installation

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there guys, Im pretty phobic about installing this new gateway update even though I, just like everyone else couldnt wait for it's release. Now that it's released, pokemon x/y still doesnt work, and no multi rom, Im not sure why I would want to update, but i think it will take too long to wait for another update to come out, so i would greatly appreciate any help on the following questions:

1-) What's up with this save issue thing going around? Will i lose my save files to my games like sm3dl and lozoot3d, or will i not be able to save anymore if I update? what is the deal with that?

2-) About this emunand stuff, what im trying to comprehend is that if I decide to update my gw and install emunand, will there RANDOMLY be a chance of bricking even if i follow all directions clearly?

3-)Does anyone know when a stable version will be released, if soon, I can wait, but im feeling like it will come around christmas time.

4-)I read many different threads and im still not sure: how do i install this update and update the nand thingy?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
4-) To update the gateway "firmware" version, you only replace the "Launcher.dat" file on your SD card.
You are not forced to use EmuNAND, you can just replace Launcher.dat, and you will have more games working (zelda, batman, etc.)
Only Pokemon and Animal crossing wont work.

2-) EmuNAND will not brick your 3DS. It is a copy of your NAND, located on your SD card, and used/accessed instead of your NAND located on your console.
As long as you don't decide to update your Emulated NAND copy on SD card, you will not risk anything.
If you want to update the copy on your SD card (which allows you to play Pokemon), there's a (mal)chance that the update process go wrong and updates your real NAND instead.
If your real NAND is updated, Gateway will not work anymore.

3-) They said it will be soon, probably before christmas. but we don't know, if there are lor of reported bugs, they might need more time.

1-) There are different things about the save issue, but the one you see is a problem when exiting a game.
normaly, the save is transfered from the flashcard to the SD card when you press Home > X (to exit)
it created a file on your SD card.

The bug users are experiencing is that Gateway is crashing when attempting to backup the save from flashcard > SD, resulting in a loss of save/game progress in both SD and flashcard.

Wait for a release with this bug fixed if you don't want to risk loosing your saves.

Mulder_RLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One thing that is not really clear for me here.
I have a MK 7 bundle with the game pre-installed. If I make a backup of my NAND and do the Emunad format, when I copy the information back will the game be seen by my 3DS again? I looked for this around but no avail.
I understand that I can download the rom and play, I just dont want to loose it pre-installed as this is a bundle after all...

Edit 2
It works with no issue, my sysnand can see MK7 after backup was restored. Saves ok too

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand... I hope that they release a stable version very very soon though. Would any of you guys know if the 64gb micro sd card works on the gateway card or should i just get a 32gb and trim my roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I just got 2 mig switch in the mail today
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna love it when the next update blocks them
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father