Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So it's seems Nintendo found the way to identify a GW emuNAND of a sysNAND. Even if you are in 9.7 GW emuNAND, Puzzle & Dragons checks your native firm.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
INteresting, could it mean the exploits stays resident in memory until the N3DS is switched off..?

Ie: Install NVRAM, launch GW via DS profile, play NDS cart then 2 possibilities:
- if you switch off, DS profile exploit is lost
but
- as long as you don't switch off, the DS profile still works??

That would mean, to play NDS rom, just don't switch off system, just go back to GW mode using DS profile exploit and re-enable NVRAM for next reboot?

yes that seems to be the case,do not turn off your N3DS after playing NDS game,go straight to gateway mode this will re-enable NVRAM then it will be safe to turn off the N3DS because the ds profile still works. DO NOT TURN OFF CONSOLE RIGHT AFTER PLAYING NDS GAMES.

Reactions: Melon__Bread

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes that seems to be the case,do not turn off your N3DS after playing NDS game,go straight to gateway mode this will re-enable NVRAM then it will be safe to turn off the N3DS because the ds profile still works. DO NOT TURN OFF CONSOLE RIGHT AFTER PLAYING NDS GAMES.
Nice, i wonder if this theory really works tho ^^;

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Nice, i wonder if this theory really works tho ^^;

i have tried this exploit on 2 N3DS consoles, the N3DSXL i turned it off right after playing NDS games & the exploit is gone, the regular N3DS i did not turn off right after playing NDS game but after going back to gateway mode & the exploit still works.

Reactions: MattKimura

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So it's seems Nintendo found the way to identify a GW emuNAND of a sysNAND. Even if you are in 9.7 GW emuNAND, Puzzle & Dragons checks your native firm.

maybe this is just a case of the 'keys' stuff, like the save encryption not being proper on 4.5 sysnand?
maybe when we are on 9.2 sysnand, we do not have the right keys to play the game puzzles.. on emunand? not sure

Reactions: WhoAmI?

TheShadowRunner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tried this exploit on 2 N3DS consoles, the N3DSXL i turned it off right after playing NDS games & the exploit is gone, the regular N3DS i did not turn off right after playing NDS game but after going back to gateway mode & the exploit still works.
Thanks for testing, seems the theory is correct?
When you say "the regular N3DS i did not turn off right after playing NDS game but after going back to gateway mode & the exploit still works"; do you mean "still works AFTER reboot if you re-enable NVRAM"?

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
– Built-in NVRAM installer in the Gateway menu (behaves same as the Blue Card Gateway installer)

Does this concern me/have any benefits? I have an old 3ds on 4.4 sysnand.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thanks for testing, seems the theory is correct?
When you say "the regular N3DS i did not turn off right after playing NDS game but after going back to gateway mode & the exploit still works"; do you mean "still works AFTER reboot"?

yes i turned it off & on & the exploit still there. i have just did it again now & the exploit is still working fine.

TheShadowRunner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it, play NDS game, exit via home & close ds profile exploit is wiped......same as it was on 4.x systems so not really surprised
Man, satel just said he witnessed the contrary xD
That as long as N3DS isn't swiched off, DS Exploit is working even after playing a NDS game.
So freakin :confused:

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the return of the System Settings exploit only for New 3DS owners, or will to also work for classic 3DS systems? Do these classic systems need to be downgraded in order for it to work, is the exploit now working in more recent versions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet