Gateway 2.0 download play

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by danthe, Jan 1, 2014.

1. danthe
    OP

danthe Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    I've recently tried to host a download play game of Mario Party with Gateway 2.0b2 and noticed this isn't possible. All I get is a communications error everytime I try. Is this a general problem with 2.0 or am I the only one with the problem? Has the Gateway team said anything about trying to fix it?
    The feature was working with 1.2 if I remember correctly.

2. tomiga

tomiga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    United States
    I'm also having this issue, but on games that aren't the same region as my 3DS. For example, I have a Japanese 3DS. If I use a US version of Mario Kart 7 and try to do download play/local multiplayer, it says that a communication error has occurred and boots me back to the title screen. On a Japanese copy, download play and local multiplayer works fine.

Would be nice if I could use multiplayer on the US MK7 and other games, as everybody else that I know doesn't have a Japanese 3DS.

3. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    i was able to do download play no problem with mario party are u trying to do it on a non us 3ds if so thats ur problem

4. xextil

xextil Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2007
    Like tomiga said, if the game and 3DS are the same region should work. Are you trimmed the rom by chance? Maybe that is the fault.

5. Anorhc

Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    I can confirm that Download Play works for Mario Party Island Tour with the Gateway 3DS cart as the host. US version with all US 3DSs.