Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble with my SD cards in 3DS. i have a 64Gb SD Card in unit but Gateway Launcher crashes & with a 32gb MicroSD in a SD Adapter i got it to complete backup & emunand but on launch of Gateway Mode it crashes with Grey Lines on Screen. I am Currently on 4.4fw so is it best to update to 4.5 first? or try more SD cards

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That didn't happen for me, I formatted the NAND, Windows said my SD card needed to be formatted. I formatted it, this time only having 851MB free of the 2GB card. Restored all of my backed up data. Went into Gateway mode and instead of having the GW3D 4.5.0, it shows the normal Ver. 4.5.0. I'm going to try Formatting the NAND again.

you did backup the nand first ?? You will end up with a NAND.bin around 1gig in size on SD, i backed this upto computer then used format EmuNAND option, after this i put card into computer thinking i had to readd the launcher and saves, launcher and nintendo 3ds folder where already there and card was called GATEWAYNAND, i used my existing card that had saves and launcher on it and just expected a full format so left it as is

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having trouble with my SD cards in 3DS. i have a 64Gb SD Card in unit but Gateway Launcher crashes & with a 32gb MicroSD in a SD Adapter i got it to complete backup & emunand but on launch of Gateway Mode it crashes with Grey Lines on Screen. I am Currently on 4.4fw so is it best to update to 4.5 first? or try more SD cards

4.5 for sure

D

Deleted User

I CAN'T ACCES GATEWAY MODE!
Everytime I try to launch Gateway Mode, there just appear horizontal lines across the display and 3 seconds later I'm back in the main menu.
Tried reset and reformat SD with Panasonic SD Formatter, also tried one of those mirror links and redownload Launcher.dat, still no luck :(
Any advice?

netnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If you have no reason not to, update, but I don't think that's the issue because it seemed to be working fine earlier for me on 4.4. I think that the launcher is just pretty buggy right now though, with all the weird stuff people have been reporting.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
i will try another SD card in 3ds to do emunand again. I really wish System Transfer was working with emunand so i didnt need two 3DSXL's lol

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was stuck with all grey bars 4 times. Moved what backup I could from my old SD card (lost some gigs afterall) back onto the SD card. Booted up like a charm. Could just have been good ol' dumb luck though.

EvilGamerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you did backup the nand first ?? You will end up with a NAND.bin around 1gig in size on SD, i backed this upto computer then used format EmuNAND option, after this i put card into computer thinking i had to readd the launcher and saves, launcher and nintendo 3ds folder where already there and card was called GATEWAYNAND, i used my existing card that had saves and launcher on it and just expected a full format so left it as is

Yes, I backed up the NAND first, then I copied everything onto my computer from the SD card (keeping a copy on the card). Then I formatted the NAND, and booted into Gateway Mode. When I got to the home screen, I got the "preparing files on SD card" or some message like that. Turned off the 3DS, put the sd card in my computer. "You must format this drive before using it", no name, just letter G (the next open letter for removable media). Same thing happened the 2nd time, can't restore my files without formatting the SD card, but doing that destroys the EmuNAND.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, they really improved GW mode. Not only SDK 5.X games are supported, but also all games boot faster than before.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I see a couple of posts saying Zelda just works? So they updated the launcher to fix 5.X without emunand? Emu is just needed for >4.5 retail and eshop?

As if that's the case, I'll just switch out SD, as I only get the grey line issue with emunand, without it, it's fine.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
EvilGamerX, that is weird, as after it prepares files on sd, it should create the nintendo 3ds folder and be fully visible in windows, did you try just going into system settings after it prepared the card and seeing if it booted into gw mode, only thing i did diff was remove sd while 3ds was on as i remember popup telling me i should turn off 3ds first

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Later tonight im going to experiment a little. I have a physical way of restoring nand and a 3x backups of my NANDS etc. i am wondering if i can update normally to 6.3 and do system transfer and then backup NAND again and flash back too 4.4FW.
I wonder if i can then create emunand and use Winimage32 app to write my 6.3fw backup to emunand partition. ???

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I see a couple of posts saying Zelda just works? So they updated the launcher to fix 5.X without emunand? Emu is just needed for >4.5 retail and eshop?

As if that's the case, I'll just switch out SD, as I only get the grey line issue with emunand, without it, it's fine.

I got lines only when i tried to enter EmuNAND via gui, just going into profile same as before, grey screen, quick flash of lines, then black and boot to emu, and yes that is the case, the icon issue is fixed sdk 5.x games work fine, but i need more people to test zelda and see if once playing if there save transfers fine without hanging, after home close, and if other games do it

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I have two original 3ds's to test emuNand with and one works better than the other (I have one red and the other black).

One thing I've noticed, when a hanging boot occurs, it does so after the gateway menu looks a little messed up in 3D. The right screen is grey with the time and coin info at the top and the left screen is the plain blue gateway logo screen. When things are working properly, both right and left screens have a blue background and it looks nice in 3D. I wonder if anybody else has this experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good