Hacking Gamma version black screen

andypa1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys first post noob im afraid. iv followed the emperors guide to the letter for installing wiigator gamma however I previously had beta on. now iv used wii dumper over wifi to get an iso of guitar hero 3 pal. and then burt it with imgburn onto a verbatim dvd-.. it doesn't load just get a black screen. however my backups of rock band 2 and world tour work fine, I didn't back them up though. any ideas?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say rip it agian, and see if its the same exact size has your first rip if its the same Size, Than most likely its your burn

andypa1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok cheers. iv gone on to produce 5 more disks of different iso's and none of them are working. the rest have come up with error wii cannot read the disk.

Im pretty annoyed because all the copies I made on dvd+ (verbatim) have worked. however I ran out and bought the recommended dvd- (verbatim) and they are hopeless at 4x, 8x and 12x. Totally perplexed. When I do a burn quality test in nero dvd/cd speed.

It scans fine all the way through like 95% quality, until it gets to the last 1.5 - 2gb of data and returns huge amounts of errors! This applies to my mario kart burn which actually works fine,

so confused guys.

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe your burner has issues with the used media, that happens sometimes, a firmware upgrade of your burner could help make the media more compatible. try the firmware page to check for new firmware for you burner. Verbatim -R is indeed also imo the best media to use, speed doesnt matter really for my wii, its read good on all speeds i burn them on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte