Hacking Gamma Backup Launcher - Rebooting W/Hooks Problem

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I tried to boot a game through the disc channel and it told me there was a disc error.

It used to boot fine before, but now it just doesn't. Same goes for my other backups.

Any idea what could be causing this?
I updated to 4.0 using Waninkoko's updater, do you think that could be it?

Thanks.

Bosk666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,

i have the same problem.

someone told me this workaround:

use backuplauncher with hooks
then restart the wii a second time

this problem started with cios rev 8 and higher

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
The IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0.
Only games which are patched to IOS249 will work on systemmenu 4.0 with cIOS rev9.
With cIOS rev10 the wii freezes and with cIOS rev12 gamma gives an error and it cannot even reboot.

BlackNovember

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Levente said:
The IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0.
Only games which are patched to IOS249 will work on systemmenu 4.0 with cIOS rev9.
With cIOS rev10 the wii freezes and with cIOS rev12 gamma gives an error and it cannot even reboot.

Got the same problem. Initially followed the softmode guide with Patched IOS60 and cIOS rev10. Got the #002 error. Patched it by installing a new Backup Channel.

Tried to play "ANNO: Create a new world", but freezes up occasionally. The original plays fine.

Still can't play Backups using the original Disc Channel. Using the WiiGator Channel however I CAN load the backup. When I reboot with hooks, I still get the #002 error in the disc channel.

Updated to cIOS to Rev13. Now it won't let me reboot with hooks. Running with the Backup Launcher works fine.

My Question is: How can I run backups through the Disc Channel? and How can I prevent the ANNO: Create a new World backup from freezing?

EDIT: FIXED IT. Reverted back to cIOS36 Rev9. Works line a charm.

The only thing is now: How do I get hooks to be always on when I restart my wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks. +1