Gamin statistics survey

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Your friendly neighbourhood Blaze here, and I'm asking you all a favour. Simply put, I need to know some statistics about the current gaming scene. And I'd like you all to help me. Here's what I need and why.

- Your console of choice, of the three home consoles currently on the market, and your reasons for choosing it.
- Your favourite online multiplayer games, and why you like them.
- Your opinions on Modern Warfare and Battlefield 3, if you've played them.
- Where you're from (I don't need an exact address, a country/state will be sufficient)
- Roughly what sort of time you play, how often and for how long.
- Your opinion of gaming competitions, and what you'd like to win from them.

These are all statistics that will be used in my job, you see. Finding ways to improve our service by listening to feedback. And what better feedback and information than from the gamers themselves, right? It'd be a great help if you guys and gals could help me out here. The more detail the better.

Thanks for your time everyone :)

Blaze.

PS: Also if a Mod could be so kind as to correct the horrid and blatant spelling error in the title thanks to this naff library keyboard I'd be most damnably grateful :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Xbox 360. I just like the games it has, the online infrastructure, and the multimedia functions. It almost sees daily play compared to everything else.
  2. For Xbox 360, I don't play much online, but if I do, it's generally either Mass Effect 3, Red Dead Redemption, or Left 4 Dead 2. ME3, I like the co-op stuff and there's plenty to unlock and upgrade. RDR because it's just a big playground to do stuff in not to mention all the actual games. Left 4 Dead 2 because I enjoy co-op games like ME3.
  3. Haven't played either extensively. But I really don't see anything wrong with them.
  4. New Jersey, United States
  5. Can't say I could give an average, depends on what games I'm playing and what my schedule is. During the summer it's probably like 10 hours a day, during school it's 0-2 hours a day.
  6. Gaming competitions? I dunno. I'm not a competitive gamer, I really don't enjoy intense competition to the point that a game becomes more than a hobby or something that's fun. But if I was in a gaming competition, I'd probably want to win more games. Like your choice of any game under X amount of dollars for a small competition, anything large and it's cash prizes.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Home console? I guess Playstation 3, since it has pretty awesome exclusives and a nice menu. Wii is also a great console because it is fun to play on a wii.

Multplayer: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom, online fighter I enjoy fighters. I also enjoy Ridge Racer online.

MW3 BF3: both overhyped FPS's, BF3 is so so MW3 does not add to much new...

I am from South Holland, the Netherlands

Differs from day to day, I can play a deadly 24 hours session if I want to, but I can also play for just one hour. But I play games every day. Oh and when I have school(3/4 of the year _-_ I play less)

Meh never entered them, I am more of the sit on the couch with real friends and feel and see their emotions. In a few words online multiplayer/competitions suck. Local competitions are awesome though, a Smash Bros. tournament @home

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: PC. ....fine, 360.
2: Counter Strike sou- god dammit. Uh, Halo Reach. Probably the only game I play online on consoles. Why? Cuz it's fun. Dark Souls is also amazingly fun and unique.
3: Both are crap. DICE has pretty much entirely gone to hell by the looks of it. They're doing "profit before quality" like CoD and craptivision. Valve for life.
4: British Columbia, Canada
5: On console? Never. If we go by the last time I played console, about 8am till 2am and repeat for 5 days. (i'm not kidding, I enjoyed ToGF >_>). Otherwise, I have absolutely no average time of playing, nor amount played.
6: I find most competitions pretty boring and useless tbh. If I did play in one, i'd want money. Straight cash. Anything else is a complete waste of time. I don't want merchandise...i can buy merchandise with money.
?: PC master race for life

EDIT: and whoever corrects the title should totally put a ' instead of a g.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) I have a PS3 and a Wii. I got the PS3 because at the time, 360s loved to die at the time. Plus I got a really good deal on mine. I got the Wii for free from my sister because she never used it.
2) Uncharted 3 I guess, I'm mainly single player focused. I can't remember the last time I went to play online.
3) They're ok. They're not my cup of tea but whatever.
4) London
5) I can't really say, it's dependent on what commitments I have.
6) Love.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Your console of choice, of the three home consoles currently on the market, and your reasons for choosing it.
I only own a Wii, found it online for a good price. I'd prefer a PS3 over it, though. There are more RPG games for PS3 and third party titles.

I play single player most of the time. I have a Wii so that explains a lot.

It's alright. No way as good or bad as people make them out to be. You shoot things. That should be enough.

- Where you're from (I don't need an exact address, a country/state will be sufficient)
California, US.

Probably the most in the morning and evening.
Every day.
Probably five+ hours total. (Being unemployed is great, huh)

They're fun! I've only been to a few back in the day at a local card shop, they had gamecubes set up with Super Smash Brothers Melee. The winners won store credit for cards and stuff like that. Haven't been to any competitions in the last few years though, they aren't very common locally, here.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) The Xbox 360. I'd say it has the best online service, controller, and versions of multiplatform games
2) Favorite online games? I guess I'd say Mass Effect 3 and Left 4 Dead 1/2. I put a whole ton of hours into Black Ops as well, so I'll throw that in.
3) Modern Warfare 3 is a fine game. It's no masterpiece, but it's fun and entertaining enough. I haven't played BF 3, but it looks nice, at least. I don't resent their existences in any way
4) New Jersey, USA
5) Whenever I can really; that usually means later at night. Normally I will manage a couple of hours every week; that increases a lot in the summer, though.
6) Most of them are jokes. I think there's definitely potential, but we're still a long way from reaching it. To win from them? Well, money is always nice.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
1) I have a Wii, but I'd choose an Xbox over it because of 3rd party, Halo and ,most importantly, Minecraft.
2) Mario Kart, SSBB, Halo and Minecraft cuz they are fun online.
3) Played them both in a Computer Zone (my laptop is shitty and I gotta sell my wii to buy another one). Both are pretty decent, but I prefer Battlefield 2 over 3 (dunno why, I just find 2 more fun).
4) Bulgaria (but you can see it from my flag :P )
5) Average 2 hours and 15 minutes per day on my 3ds.
6) I haven't went to any and I soo want to participate in one. Too bad I live in a small country which is basically a Sony fanboy (seriously no one has a 3ds here and xboxes are rare too, everyone has PSPs)

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- PS3: I feel like it's an overall solid system. I enjoy the controller better out of the three, the console only games are better IMO, and, of course, backwards compatibility (if you have the right system)
- I really don't play online, don't have the time for it, nor the proper set-up at the moment. As good as it gets is SSBB, and even that's just once in awhile.
- Rehash of the old. Then again, that really is a lot of games today, so can I really complain? But I haven't played either extensively, so I can't give an honest answer either.
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Not long right now, what with job hunting (and then of course working when having it), spending time with my wife, etc. I would say I'd get at MOST 6 hours in a week.
- They're wonderful get togethers. There can be the one person that ruins it, but they don't typically stay long. As for winning things, it's not about the priz--cold hard cash. Seriously though, I'm even fine typically with the random prize tourneys as well, as long as it's all in good fun.

DoubleeDee

Trophies
XP
Country
- Xbox, mainly because the online runs smoothly and I prefer the features on it over other console.
- I dont really have a favourite online multiplayer game, but if I had to pick one it would be; Halo 3
- Havent played battlefield 3.
- London.
- I play whenever I have spare time, it differs.
- Havent done any.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
PS3. Blu-ray player. Free online service. The fact that the control has stayed the same over the 3 gens
Dark Souls. Who doesnt love griefing others world?!?
MW3 and BF3 on PC. BF3>MW3. Seriously both arent that much skills anyway. BF3 just doesnt have those pesky 1hit snipers which is good.
Norway
After my homework is done. I play until i need to eat, sleep or anything that requires me to leave the PC like going out with friends and that.
Competitive gaming ehh..... I love to own people even if it means bad sportsmanship(Yeah seriously i enjoy the grief of others) but for mostly to have fun. Competitive gaming there isnt much place for bad sportsmanship sadly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)