Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just going through some more stuff today, and I saw that the PAL release of Wii Sports Resort has crc/md5 codes.
unsure.gif
How is this possible, lol?

siefried12

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I added R8PK01 and something's wrong on NTSC-K titles.

I couldn't write "title(KO)" and PEGI rating was applied for it.
GRB (Korea) Rating should be applied for NTSC-K titles.

When I view the R8PK01, region field is empy and I can't see the cover image that i uploaded.

Could you fix this problem?

Thanks.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
check your download path in loader GX
wink.gif

@tagg7 : Wii sports resort can be played in preview in some french gameshops.
I guess someone had access to it and made a rip or something like that ^^

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
siefried12 said:
I added R8PK01 and something's wrong on NTSC-K titles.I fixed it when I saw something was wrong with the Korean Super Paper Mario entry, and added the Korean title as a bonus
smile.gif

bnm81002 said:
how come the 3d covers get downloaded in the Configurable Loader but the same ones don't get downloaded in the GX Loader?Maybe the path was not set up properly in some revision of GX, but from today the 3D covers are available for all countries and the paths will need to be changed.
(so don't be surprised if you can't download the new 3D covers just yet)

Here's what's new on the site:
Brand new set of 3D covers for all countries, based on the original template by Neorame.
3D covers and covers are now generated automatically from covers and full covers if they are missing.
Huge French artwork update by Benjay and dj_skual.
Australian and Portuguese artwork can also be uploaded now.

QUOTE(Benjay @ Jul 12 2009, 02:44 AM)
I guess someone had access to it and made a rip or something like that ^^
Indeed, the crc is from the retail version.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is another question about the one-language-only games (like Simpsons game for FR or DE):
Should the German version also have english and france descriptions or just the language it is released in?

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Tagg7 said:
I was just going through some more stuff today, and I saw that the PAL release of Wii Sports Resort has crc/md5 codes.
unsure.gif

just because i work in gameshop and have dump the wii sports resort pal i've received for demo
wink.gif

siefried12

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
I fixed it when I saw something was wrong with the Korean Super Paper Mario entry, and added the Korean title as a bonus
smile.gif

Wow, you added the Korean title. Now, NTSC-K titles work fine.
Thanks for your work.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dj_skual said:
Tagg7 said:
unsure.gif

just because i work in gameshop and have dump the wii sports resort pal i've received for demo
wink.gif
Wow, nick work! And great job on the site - the new features are fantastic. I'm trying to replace incorrect regional covers, but it won't let me... what do I need to do to become an authorized user?

/edit: Also, I don't believe that RVGP78, TBTJ8P and RVOPPL exist.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
mousex said:
Here is another question about the one-language-only games (like Simpsons game for FR or DE):
Should the German version also have english and france descriptions or just the language it is released in?If English and French are available for this game, it should include them. Someone could buy the German version on ebay and expect to see the info in French in the loader if French is available in the game.

QUOTEI'm trying to replace incorrect regional covers, but it won't let me... what do I need to do to become an authorized user?
The users that contribute the most are able to do that, so I think you would have been added very soon
smile.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buyed the German version (as you see I scanned the disc and uplaoded the image), I'll see wich languages it really includes as soon as my wii is not in use
tongue.gif

But we include desciptions in all languages even if the game does not support them?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Tagg7 said:

RVGP78 seems to exist. (btw , the game exists)
TBTJ8P doesn't exist (in fact it is RBTJ8P the real game id , already existing in the DB)
RVOPPL = still a confusion between 0 and O , the 2 game id are in the DB , but which one is the good one ?

but i can't delete the wrong pages , even though i'm an authorized user ^^ (well , i think i'm)
Zorglub , did you enable that function ?
if so , there is a problem with it , cause nothing happens when i click on the button in right bottom corner
wink.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dj_skual said:
Tagg7 said:
unsure.gif

wink.gif
So many game shop employes must have such a dump by now and it's not on the (public) net, yet?
laugh.gif

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
Maybe the path was not set up properly in some revision of GX, but from today the 3D covers are available for all countries and the paths will need to be changed.
I can confirm that, not until a few revisions ago, it wouldn't download Japanese 3D covers for my NTSC Wii. So just make sure you have a more current version of USB Loader GX. The problem was always there since they implemented wiitdb support until maybe a couple of days ago in one of their revisions.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought all the US releases should have some type of description of the game as someone from a few days ago mentioned he completed all US descriptions? I know that Geometry Wars and Guitar Hero Smash Hits has no description to it. Can't remember the other titles but there were more.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
bnm81002 said:
how come the 3d covers get downloaded in the Configurable Loader but the same ones don't get downloaded in the GX Loader?
Maybe the path was not set up properly in some revision of GX, but from today the 3D covers are available for all countries and the paths will need to be changed.

Here's what's new on the site:
Brand new set of 3D covers for all countries, based on the original template by Neorame.
3D covers and covers are now generated automatically from covers and full covers if they are missing.
Huge French artwork update by Benjay and dj_skual.
Australian and Portuguese artwork can also be uploaded now.

well I have the path setup correctly but 2 3d covers are not found for the GX while it's found for the Configurable, "Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire" and "The Bigs 2" are the 2 games, also there are 90 disc image files not found as well for the GX, so I have no idea what is wrong?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i've heard this 2 or 3 times already.
always the same problem : covers not found in GX , and found in Cfg.

Do you have only 1 path pointing to Wiitdb in Cfg too ?
or is there another path set to another site for covers ?

if you have only 1 path pointing to Wiitdb in the 2 loaders (and nothing else pointing elsewhere) , then i assume it's a problem with GX.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
mousex said:
But we include desciptions in all languages even if the game does not support them?No, only add the description (synopsis) for a language if the game supports that language.

QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Jul 12 2009, 02:48 PM) well I have the path setup correctly but 2 3d covers are not found for the GX while it's found for the Configurable, "Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire" and "The Bigs 2" are the 2 games, also there are 90 disc image files not found as well for the GX, so I have no idea what is wrong?
There is a brand new set of 3D covers, so maybe those are missing from the old set. I left the old set on the site to leave time for loaders to change the paths.
I'm adding the new US 3D covers to the old folder as a temporary solution, but the "ntsc3d" folder will be removed soon.
GX is not set up to download all covers and disc art yet, it needs an option to chose between original disc artwork and custom disc artwork (it would fall back if the preferred style is not available, or to another region), and get the covers matching the language setting. CFG Loader is not set up for that either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo