Gaming Gamestop Tourny

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I won mine, they gave me a silly looking trophy with a college-style wrestling guy that says "Smash Bros. - Local Legend of Wreckage" and a $15.00 gift card for Gamestop. Cool enough I guess. I felt kinda bad with my upper-hand on the competition (was playing the Jap release all month), but oh well... so goes it! Regionals on 3/15.

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I won mine, got the retarded trophy >.> Lol. Mickeyash, they actually gave you a 15.00 Gift Card!? I didn't get anything >.>.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could of gone to the tournament here (if there was one...!), I'd of probably lost but it'd of been fun.

Sounds like a shitty prize, but it's better "Yay, you won" and a pat on the back :/

And the guy on the little statue should be like Mario or Link or some Nintendo character instead of a lame wrestler
hate2.gif

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TehLink - Oh man, sorry about the gift card, lol, but yeah they gave me a $15.00 gift card. lol, this trophy is REALLY silly looking, hahaha. Anywho, I'm proud to have won. A few of my opponents were pretty legit, I think there may've been more than just me in there who'd already played Brawl.

Edit: What char did you guys play as? Olimar/Pikmin is my main, played them. I think it was pretty obvious that I'd played before when I pretty much pro'd the matches as a newcomer char. =0

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did your location have items on? I won 2 or 3 matches by getting the full dragoon and sniping my opponent off the level, hahaha.. I felt like such a douche.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
heres my story
I couldn't signup for the ones near me because i was at school and got back on friday. by then all the signups were full. but i found one that wasn't too far and had 10 spots left. so i went there and i ended up being #30 out of 32.
The gamestop guy setup the rules and everyone chose their characters. then the tournament started.
first few rounds i couldn't really see because there was like 50 people crowding around.
i noticed most of the ppl were pit or marth (no surprise there).
anyways, i won the first round against yoshi.
then the second round against a pit
then the third round against another yoshi
and i believe that was all the rounds, then the last one was against another Pit.
i beat him and i thought i won the tournament.
I asked if i get a trophy or something and the gamestop guy was like, you have to stick around we're going to have another tournament.
-_________________________-
so they have another tournament (i dont know why when there was a 32 person cap) and i have to play the winner of that one.
this Lucas player ended up winning the second tournament.
so there was to be a final match between me and the lucas player.
we somewhat got to choose the rules. it was 3 stock match like i wanted, but items were still on....
We played on final destination and to make a long story short, i nearly 3 stocked him.
I had called other gamestops earlier and found out they were giving a trophy and either a copy of brawl or a $50 gift card.
however, this gamestop only gave me a trophy >_>
but basically there were alot more people who knew how to play the game than i thought. and i was also expecting a bunch of 13 year old kids but there was only one (who kept staring at me after i won :wtf:)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5349/img4240bm6.jpg

round 2 next week
ohmy.gif

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
[color=#000000background#000000]One minute. Wiimote only. Gamestop.
It was a miserable fucking failure. I called earlier that day, and the employee said we could bring our own controllers. When we got there, we got notice that we would only be able to use Wiimotes, and only the starting roster. With items on. I should have left then, but decided to give it a try. I wanted to play Brawl and have fun. But I have never played the Wii before. I thought I would get used to controls pretty quickly, but I didn't. During the whole match, I was like "WTF @_@" I was playing Pit against DONKEY KONG. I took like 30% and he took 150%+. I couldn't fucking end it in a minute. Especially with the awkward controls. I just didn't get used to it. The only good part was that I threw a crate to get the Smash ball XD I used my final Smash, but then there was like five seconds left and it went into Sudden Death. I tried getting down, but I still wasn't used to the Wiimote so he ended up smashing me up =_= And he was happy about it. Fucking lucksack. I'm not bad at fighting games, so I was pretty embarrassed and furious. Also during the match, there was heckling. Like "these guys suck". Hey bitch, I don't own a fucking Wii because Nintendo hates us. I would have said something but I was too busy concentrating and it might have been bad sportsmanship to say anything back. So I just left, no point in staying. There were only thirty people, and the morons running the thing couldn't organize it properly. People were crowding, and I couldn't get out after the match that easily. Nerds are socially inept losers that can't respond to the slightest "excuse me please" to the more extreme "get the fuck out of my way". They were all just like DURRHURR. Oh, and there were bad smells so that was something to be expected. I've never been to a smash tournament before, and I don't plan on going to any due to the douchebaggery and asshattery and whathaveyou. I'm also glad that my store wasn't the only one that fucked up. Seriously, running events is NOT THAT HARD. I was a head judge for a Yu-Gi-Oh regional, and, GETTING PEOPLE TO DO WHAT YOU SAY IS NOT THAT HARD. THIRTY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT. BE. A. PROBLEM. It's not that hard to ask people to clear out of the way, but these people... I swear, almost all of them are morons.

Another highlight is that my friends wished me good luck, so that's good. I just don't know how I'm going to face them on Monday when I ran out and didn't see their matches T_T[/color]

No kudos to Nintendo for allowing this to happen. It doesn't take ANY effort to plug in a Gamecube controller. Not everyone who is attending this tournament has played their precious new console.

EDIT: I thought the background tags would work for blacking out the text like it did for other people =_= Aaaaaaand the spoiler tags aren't working. Great.

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I considered going to one of these... but I just knew the rules would be weird and they'd force people to use some kind of Wiimote based controller setup.

And of course what's the point with no characters unlocked?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to go to the one over here (HDC) but they werent giving out shit for the winner, only a spot to compete in Redlands, and if you win that then you would get sent, with 26 other people to New York, from Gamestop, and be able to win a Wii, $5,000 Cash, and the whole Wii Nintendo Game Library....I said f--- it and just went to work.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woah gamestop looks cool. Oo
Over here it looks cool too , but everythings like white and small.
frown.gif

I wish they would do a tournament over here to at Europe release , I would even take the train to get there!
smile.gif

Gratulations to the winners.
biggrin.gif

(altough I don't understand what this Trophy has to do with Smash Bros. Oo )

Hardys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dominik93 said:
frown.gif

I wish they would do a tournament over here to at Europe release , I would even take the train to get there!
smile.gif

Gratulations to the winners.
biggrin.gif

(altough I don't understand what this Trophy has to do with Smash Bros. Oo )
so true....
Germanys Gamestop is nothing compared to the US one.

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: The rules weren't so bad. Normally I play 1v1, untimed, 4stock matches, with no items on a GCN controller, yet I still managed to hold my own very strongly (and win our tourney, out of 70 people). Most people there probably hadn't even seen the game in motion, let alone played it or played as hard as some of us. I and six of my friends who've been playing the NTSC-J version all entered, we were pretty scared about the controller config (we'd all been playing GCN cons). Two of us dropped out first round in sudden death, two of us made it to their third round and the other two (myself included) made it to semi finals, then I won the decision and final. It was also the first time I'd seen the in-game tourney mode. Pretty well thought out stuff. I was impressed.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I practiced with the Japanese version only to lose first match to some twat who was bein a faggot with Ike.
No items, 1 minute matches.

And, I don't know if it was just me, but the game seemed to run slower than when I play JP.
Maybe this GameStop had a shit Wii/copy of SSBB.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol ive had the game for 2 months and got knocked out in the 2nd round
rofl2.gif

oh well, throughout those 2 months I never actually used the wiimote/nunchuck combo so I didnt really have that big of an advantage
grog.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dominik93 said:
frown.gif

smile.gif
There are plenty of gaming/Nintendo related events in germany which have various tournaments with nice prizes...They're not organized by Nintendo, but they usually sponsor the prizes, the first prize usually being a Wii or DS Lite depending on the tournament *hint*
yaynds.gif

Google for Olymptronica, WiiMeet, Ncon or N-Warp...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: dualbooth