GameStop Indie Game Challenge [US ONLY]

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Forstride, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009
  1. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Indie Game Challenge

Just like independent film makers and musicians are a vital part of their industries, independent gaming is an essential and driving part of the gaming industry. That's why we've partnered with The Guildhall at SMU, the nation’s most prestigious game development educational institution, and the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, the premier worldwide organization for rewarding innovation in the game industry, to bring the Indie Game Challenge to independent game developers.

If you think your game has what it takes to be a hit, then enter it by October 1 in the Indie Game Challenge for a chance to pitch your game to top publishers, to network with industry icons in Las Vegas, and to be considered for a scholarship at The Guildhall at SMU. Plus, a Grand Prize of $100,000 will be awarded to the top two developers.

------

The text was taken from an e-mail I received a few minutes ago. Anyways, I think this is a great opportunity for you homebrew developers out there, as it is open to any platform, as long as you can provide the SDK used. Also, there is a $100 entry-fee ($75 if you have an EDGE card membership). Some states are excluded from the fee, so if you live in those states, you're pretty lucky. I would enter, but I only know how to use Game Maker, and a little bit of PAlib, not to mention I don't have $100.

2. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Dang it you beat me too it. Maybe bobs game could be sent in?

3. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ^^^
    yeah was gonna say that. i'd love to see bob pelloni enter his game and win 100k [​IMG]

4. HYPERMETAL

Newcomer HYPERMETAL Advanced Member

United States
    i was gonna post this too [​IMG]
    this is crazy awesome though! this needs to be spread around!

i wonder if anyone here will enter [​IMG] ....

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    though i can't participate but it looks like an amazing thing