Not open for further replies.

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really read past the fourth page of the previous thread because it definitely turned into flaming IMO but anyways to answer some inquiries I read.

1) I was asking for opinion, but over half the time it was basically "You immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead".

2)It was for personal gain, yes, but I just wanted to see the outcome.

For all you dickheads I went back into the Gamestop yesterday and said that the copy was fake (I made up a story about why) and he asked for my ID and scanned it and then told me someone actually bought it and to come in tomorrow around 6. I went back in today and he returned my game and said he can't take anymore trade-ins from me but I told him i'd pay for it (which I did So i'm fine with them now). Then I proceeded to ask questions about when stuff like this happens and heres how it works:

Gamestop actually loses a lot in any case of something like this. The Manager has to call a lawyer for Loss Prevention. It's basically them having to open a case about being dealed "Counterfeit Material" (Thats the term he used) and it takes almost a week for them to be compensated for any amount on top of their insurance prices being increased every instance it happens. The reason the insurance increases is because the only way stuff like that can happen is from laziness, they actually ARE supposed to test every game that comes in the same day but no stores ever really do especially if it's a trusted customer. What's even worse is the person that gave them the game can't actually get into any trouble because there's no case to be filed against them. The worst that can happen is a phone call and no longer being able to do trade-ins at that specific store. They can't ban them from the store or anything at all because technically the customer can sue for that.

So in other words for the numbnuts who said Gamestop doesn't get boned the person who bought it does, lol, wrong.

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How interesting, I once got a fake Wii Nunchuk from GameStop (I opened it up and compared the hardware with a stock Nunchuk) I just told them it was defective and I got my money back. No idea what became of it afterwards.

Your avatar almost made me piss myself.

If it was used its highly possible as I said, it was the employee just not doing his job properly.

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]1) I was asking for opinion, but over half the time it was basically "You immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead".[...]

Well, that's probably because you are an immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead.

Also good for you that you owned up to trying to pull the wool over someone. I suppose now you know what remorse feels like.

Also good for you that you're banned from doing tradeins at that store. Shame it's not chain-wide.

Also good for you that what you did hurts not one, but two entities. Makin' mama proud.

So do tell what the bullshit story you told the clerk was other than "yeah... I switched the stickers..."

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's probably because you are an immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead.

Also good for you that you owned up to trying to pull the wool over someone. I suppose now you know what remorse feels like.

Also good for you that you're banned from doing tradeins at that store. Shame it's not chain-wide.

Also good for you that what you did hurts not one, but two entities. Makin' mama proud.

So do tell what the bullshit story you told the clerk was other than "yeah... I switched the stickers..."

Remove your blindfold.

Reactions: DHG Sage Gaara

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Leh lul, typical flamer. I'm not banned from making trade-ins at the store. I owned up to it because like I said, it was an experiment, and no entities were hurt in anyway, the story? The story was I was looking for faults in big businesses and went to 4 Gamestops doing the same thing and was sharing my findings. Which I did on another website other than this one which isn't full of slowpokes such as yourself.

Oh and because you seem to be the knit picky type. I enjoy your girlfriends large chin.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, the only douchey thing you did was not linking the older topic. I had to get it by myself :(

It was good of you to come back and confess, because you were hurting a business and the consumer who re-bought that game. It's weird that they didn't make sure the game was on working though. Were you trying to sell only the cartridge?
I hope you learned the lesson and you won't do it again. Fraud is serious business.

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, the only douchey thing you did was not linking the older topic. I had to get it by myself :(

It was good of you to come back and confess, because you were hurting a business and the consumer who re-bought that game. It's weird that they didn't make sure the game was on working though. Were you trying to sell only the cartridge?
I hope you learned the lesson and you won't do it again. Fraud is serious business.

Nope the cartridge was in an OOT3DS case and everything. The thing is it's not considered fraud for some reason, like how does that even work? It just means if one dick comes across one lazy employee at a Gamestop he never goes to he can easily royally screw them because of employee negligence

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was once sold a German version of a DS game (there was a language changer, so I could still play it) but I then tried to return it, and the dude said he couldn't accept it, because it's a PAL copy. Even though someone must have sold it to them in the first place, but I digress...

On topic: "You immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead" is an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's suddenly invalid. The only people who thought what you did was okay were the same people that said "F Gamestop." But if the same thing happened to Walmart, Target, Best Buy, some random Mom and Pop store, they'd change their tune.

The fact that you're calling people names just because they disagree with you isn't helping people take your side, either. Also:
I've "just wanted to see the outcome" for a bunch of different things. Fraud, store theft, bank robberies, homicide, etc. The difference between you and I? I don't act on them.

Sage Gaara

Bomberman Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was once sold a German version of a DS game (there was a language changer, so I could still play it) but I then tried to return it, and the dude said he couldn't accept it, because it's a PAL copy. Even though someone must have sold it to them in the first place, but I digress...

On topic: "You immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead" is an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's suddenly invalid. The only people who thought what you did was okay were the same people that said "F Gamestop." But if the same thing happened to Walmart, Target, Best Buy, some random Mom and Pop store, they'd change their tune.

The fact that you're calling people names just because they disagree with you isn't helping people take your side, either. Also:

I've "just wanted to see the outcome" for a bunch of different things. Fraud, store theft, bank robberies, homicide, etc. The difference between you and I? I don't act on them.

I called them a flamer because that IS flaming, as for the dickhead comment, yeah they were acting like dickheads, which like you said IS an opinion. otherwise I don't believe I called anyone a name. Two that's the difference, there's bystanders and people who decide to take action,

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, that happened to me too. With the difference that I actually bought a new DS game and it turned out to be the Uk version. Never figured out if they could do that.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I was asking for opinion, but over half the time it was basically "You immoral douchedouche asshole fraud dickhead".

A) But that's right.
B) That's also an opinion. Don't ask for opinions if you can't handle them, especially when you ask people to validate your fraud.
C) Yes, you're the victim here. Okay, buddy. ;)

10/10 justification, would defraud again

For all you dickheads I went back into the Gamestop yesterday and said that the copy was fake (I made up a story about why) and he asked for my ID and scanned it and then told me someone actually bought it and to come in tomorrow around 6. I went back in today and he returned my game and said he can't take anymore trade-ins from me but I told him i'd pay for it (which I did So i'm fine with them now). Then I proceeded to ask questions about when stuff like this happens and heres how it works:

Gamestop actually loses a lot in any case of something like this. The Manager has to call a lawyer for Loss Prevention. It's basically them having to open a case about being dealed "Counterfeit Material" (Thats the term he used) and it takes almost a week for them to be compensated for any amount on top of their insurance prices being increased every instance it happens. The reason the insurance increases is because the only way stuff like that can happen is from laziness, they actually ARE supposed to test every game that comes in the same day but no stores ever really do especially if it's a trusted customer. What's even worse is the person that gave them the game can't actually get into any trouble because there's no case to be filed against them. The worst that can happen is a phone call and no longer being able to do trade-ins at that specific store. They can't ban them from the store or anything at all because technically the customer can sue for that.

So in other words for the numbnuts who said Gamestop doesn't get boned the person who bought it does, lol, wrong.

The person who buys the game still gets screwed over, and even if they didn't, that doesn't make the action any more justifiable. Fraud is fraud any way you slice it here.

At least you actually fixed the problem, even if you couldn't actually own up to what you actually did. Oh well, baby steps, I suppose.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm... I wonder what suicide is like. HEY OP, YOU SHOULD TRY IT OUT!
Dude, way too fucking far. He cheated someone, not killed them. Shame on you for that. Imagine what it would feel like if someone said that to you.

OP, thanks for confessing. Glad everything went smoothly.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called them a flamer because that IS flaming, as for the dickhead comment, yeah they were acting like dickheads, which like you said IS an opinion. otherwise I don't believe I called anyone a name. Two that's the difference, there's bystanders and people who decide to take action,

Hang on... so you're upset that everyone "flamed" you by calling you a dickhead, and then you turn around and do the same thing? So you still haven't learned anything at all from this whole escapade have you?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God forbid shitty threads be made into blogs instead.

No one cares that you're a little putz.
You fucked up. Even worse, you're still denying any fault of your own. Honestly this is why so many kids and teenagers these days are so fucking stupid, it's never their fault.
I mean, it ALWAYS is their fault, but god forbid we hurt our poor babies with blame. They just can't take it. Clearly.

I hope you're full of crap when you say they can't ban you from the store, but honestly with the American legal system I can't say i'd be surprised.

I'd take the money back, throw you out of the store and fire the swapped cart at you with a high velocity slingshot as you ran away crying.
Now THAT would be a story worthy of a thread, not some self entitled little douchebag crying about how everyone told him he was an entitled little misinformed douchebag.

Also i'd say "well at least you did the right thing." but you only did it because of overwhelming criticism. Your moral compass is borked, if you never told anyone, you'd never have returned the money you stole.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Why are you pulling a Xuphor? No need to lie about the endgame.
@everyone else flaming, GameStop deserves it for not checking their material and for cheating out many others in the past.

Oh and because you seem to be the knit picky type. I enjoy your girlfriends large chin.

You are taking this a little too far... Just end the thread.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your method of swapping sticker actually depends on your local GS store. My local GS store DOES check for each return and trade-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1