Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first, I was all
ps3160.jpg
But, then I was like
ps3160bocod.jpg

Supposedly, this is not allowed...or is it?!?!?!.
[/p]

QUOTE( My personal experience with the $100 Gamestop coupon) said:
So, I went to my local Gamestop on Friday the 27th with my $100 coupon in hand. I already have a kmeaw'd 750GB PS3 and I was looking to purchase a 160GB PS3 that I could install my old 320GB internal HDD into and thrust online for the purposes of online gameplay, Netflix, etc. The idea of having a 320GB PS3 for $200+CA sales tax was intriguing to me, so I proceeded with my purchase. Apparently, the cashier had never seen one of these coupons because the following conversation ensued:

Me: I want to use this coupon for the 160GB PS3 please.
Cashier: Wow, that's a good deal. When does it expire?
Me: At the end of the month, I think.
Cashier: Hmmm. Well in that case, why don't you wait for the CoD:BO Bundle Edition that comes out on the 31st? It's a 160GB PS3 for $299.99 just like the one that you'd be buying today, except for the extras.
Me: Oh wait. This coupon expires on the 29th.
Cashier: Tell you what then; buy the 160GB today, don't open it, come back on the 31st, and we'll gladly exchange it for the bundle.
smile.gif

Me:
blink.gif
Really?!?!
Cashier: Yeah, why not? Technically, it's not a sale item; you're just redeeming a coupon. And you have up to 30 days to exchange new unopened purchases.

Long story, short; I bought a 160GB PS3. I have no idea what firmware is on it and it's driving me mad. I have every intention of going back to Gamestop on on Tuesday the 31st and exchanging it for the CoD:BO bundle. I'm not sure what Gamestop will say. Any ideas?!?!?! Anyone else in the same boat?!?!?!

Yes, I know that this is the 3rd that I've posted this info.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True dat. But, I wonder if the CoD:BO bundled hardware will somehow be "inferior" to the previous PS3 models. I won't mind if it has 3.60 installed, but I'd hate to have a sub-par cpu or cooling system (et. al.)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol be real
wink.gif
You purchased the PS3 160GB with a coupon and some cash I presume, and you got a receipt right? Now all you need is the receipt and the PS3 as proof that you bought it before they can exchange it in for that bundle. I don't think the coupon will be taken into consideration now. It's done and out.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SamAsh07 said:
Lol be real
wink.gif
You purchased the PS3 160GB with a coupon and some cash I presume, and you got a receipt right? Now all you need is the receipt and the PS3 as proof that you bought it before they can exchange it in for that bundle. I don't think the coupon will be taken into consideration now. It's done and out.
The coupon maybe stated on the receipt?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanveer said:
SamAsh07 said:
Lol be real
wink.gif
Of course it would be, but since OP stated that GameStop dude asked him to get the 160GB one now and change it in later for the CoD one, I guess there's nothing to worry about
rolleyes.gif

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Tanveer said:
SamAsh07 said:
Lol be real
wink.gif
Of course it would be, but since OP stated that GameStop dude asked him to get the 160GB one now and change it in later for the CoD one, I guess there's nothing to worry about
rolleyes.gif
I was kinda hoping for a temper/Gamestopper that could verify this as protocol.
unsure.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mechadylan said:
SamAsh07 said:
Tanveer said:
SamAsh07 said:
Lol be real
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
unsure.gif
Well, it was stated that the coupon cannot be used for the COD bundle. However, some employees are not informed well enough and do these kinda things. I guess you can get lucky with him?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mechadylan said:
unsure.gif
I can verify that on many occasions, Gamestops have refused item swaps even when their terms clearly state the swap is acceptable.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sincerely hoping that anyone in my position with a $100 Gamestop PS3 coupon that expires TODAY will inquire with their local Gamestop shop as to the possibility of this. Needless to say, I'm gonna give it a shot
smile.gif

I wish there was a place to post this kinda stuff on the temp. I'll prob feel like an even bigger turd if I get my way and didn't announce it here properly. Rest assured; if the Gamestop dude's manager tells me to eff off, I'll post that here as well.

*UPDATE* So they didn't tell me to eff off, but they said no. Actually, they said I would have to pay the $100 difference. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...