Hacking Question Games updates

acho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just noticed that game updates are downloaded straight to microsd. If I zip those update files inside Nintendo folder and upload them, wouldn't everyone be able to use them? or are they unique for each switch? I am definitely interested to test this. If everyone can use it, should we start uploading games updates? maybe banned ones can volunteer downloading and uploading the game updates :P so people with completely offline switches can still get game updates without being online?

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that game updates are downloaded straight to microsd. If I zip those update files inside Nintendo folder and upload them, wouldn't everyone be able to use them? or are they unique for each switch? I am definitely interested to test this. If everyone can use it, should we start uploading games updates? maybe banned ones can volunteer downloading and uploading the game updates :P so people with completely offline switches can still get game updates without being online?

They are packaged with a special key that's tied specifically to your switch and your account. It's more complicated than packaging them up and sending them to a new switch.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to be dumped in a very specific way first... and then they can be shared with the titlekey (every update has a titlekey)...

Oblivion666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I use this to trim files putting it into the switch than says "You must update in order to run this" and it will not let me start the game without doing it. I figured why not, lets just see what happens and started the update process.

This was on "Zelda botw" it cut the game down way below what it qouted came to almost 1/2 the size and when it was finished downloading the update it said the game was back to the size this program quoted cut should be.

I am doing Xenoblad Chronicicles 2 right now to see what happens here (and yes, I know going online and allowing it to update is a bad idea but I really dont care if I get banned)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I use this to trim files putting it into the switch than says "You must update in order to run this" and it will not let me start the game without doing it. I figured why not, lets just see what happens and started the update process.

This was on "Zelda botw" it cut the game down way below what it qouted came to almost 1/2 the size and when it was finished downloading the update it said the game was back to the size this program quoted cut should be.

I am doing Xenoblad Chronicicles 2 right now to see what happens here (and yes, I know going online and allowing it to update is a bad idea but I really dont care if I get banned)
When you get banned, if get banned please share your Cert xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?