games unable to play

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by azumi, Nov 11, 2008.

Nov 11, 2008

games unable to play by azumi at 5:17 PM (1,304 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. azumi
    OP

Newcomer azumi Newbie

United States
    Hi guys

I am new to this forum and have been searching for 1 who can provide me with some technical expertise. I have previously mod my wii about 1 yr ago with the D2C modchip i think as stated by the shop. It has 32 wires (or whatsoever)...however, recently Im unable to play newer games..and i understand that some upgrade of firmware is needed for it. But i dun no where or how to go abt it?

Any experts can help??? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

2. hawkz02

Newcomer hawkz02 Advanced Member

Singapore
    HI,
    im facing the same problem so how do you solve it?? Or anyone here can help??

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    use gecko OS

4. hawkz02

Singapore
    Thankz. SO if i use freeloader?? Will that slove the problem??

5. Bladexdsl

Australia
    gecko os IS freeloader but its free and part of the hbb plus you dont need to swap discs. oh and you need a chip

6. hawkz02

Singapore
    Ok thankz...... How do i install it?? do i need the twilight hack inorder to install gecko os??
    The chip u refering to is it modchip?? if yes my set is modded and same like threadstarter the newer game doesn't seen to work with it when i updated the firmware to 3.3U.Modchip is D2Ckey.

7. Bladexdsl

Australia
    install the homebrew chan, than install the homebrew browser, run it, select it and download, dont even have to take the sd card out except to install the hbb and hbc.

8. hawkz02

Singapore
    i have install Hbc.. But what is hbb(need internet access? my access not up yet for Wii)?? By the way i have downloaded the gecko Os and put inside my SD together with the region free ... But when i try to run these 2 i was told this is not a valid application.. So what should i do to make that work??

9. Bladexdsl

Australia
    you have an old version of gecko easiest way is to install the hombrew browser. find it on wiibrew or the net and download it (google) and put it in APPS folder on sd card than run the hBC. select gecko os from the utilities menu and install it. with the hbb installed you can log in and get all the latest and popular hombrew right from your wii. 1 of the best things they ever made for hombrew.

10. hawkz02

Singapore
    K thkz......
    If this still doesn't work then i might opt to change the modchip. Is it possible to do so?? will it have any effect??

11. Bladexdsl

Australia
    you shouldnt need to change modchips unless you got a old sucky 1. i've had my wiikey 1 since the very 1st wii came out and havn't had any problems with it ever since.

12. hawkz02

Singapore
    im not very sure if mine is the sucky one.But now it givin mi problem. System error msg on games that use to be running fine.
    The msg is eject the disc ,off the console and refer to manual. Changin modchip will be the last opt.
    Mine is running on D2Ckey just like the thread starter

13. LiquidDragon

Newcomer LiquidDragon Newbie

Canada
    i seem to be having this trouble with two of my Wii's. They both get a disc read error after about 30 minutes of playing. Sometimes before the game can even start. Makes no sense because these games all used to work just fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Any ideas?