I am Going to sig that.
laugh.gif

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
I'd like to send Dementium: The Ward to hell. "It's great," you say? Well, it certainly has greatness in it, but the makers decided they would fuck with us by putting in the most asinine design element in a video game: the game's totally moronic save system. That and the fact there really was no story. You wind up playing through the game, despite the broken save system, in hopes you'll at least get to uncover whatever story exists there, but no -- nothing.

Ultimately, the game pissed me off so much because it had so much going for it: a survival-horror game for the DS, a first-person survival-horror game, great graphics, amazing lighting for the DS, great sound, lots of cool ideas like the flashlight, great controls. But then you stroll through the same environments over and over, fighting the same dudes over and over, get slapped back to the beginning of a chapter, play through that nonsense for four hours, and then nothing.

Dementium was fine, there are alot worse games than that.

and;

QUOTEI'd say about 85% of the games for DS should burn in hell. The DS has had more shovelware than any system I've ever seen before. AND;

i'm pretty sure gba had more.

Agree, but there are about 2800 games for the GBA and there are already 2100 games for the NDS in a shorter space of time.

Conclusion, DS has more shovelware. Problem is, people buy this shovelware. Shovelware is promoted.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in that 85% thing, i totally agree.

First of all, some of the games that i thought was more boring, and would throw away in a day were
(let's not argue, its my opinion, and I got the freedom of speech to say whatever I feel/think and share it with the public)
Um... lets say everything that feels like an age 5 below.
I just don't get it. If their games didn't make a huge hit, or wasn't even cared about, why would they actually make 50 more different versions???

One example is the animal stuff.
I hate this crap, especially nintendogs.
First game every actually bought, but first game I threw away in few days, and just played my mariokart that came with my DS
smile.gif

reason : whenever I call the name... or make it sit... it won't sit/come, which makes it impossible to finish the TUTORIAL!!! OMG!

Mario party - very boring. Takes too long for the oppenent to make their move, and most minigames were boring, when comparing to the minigames from new super mario bros

That one warioware? minigame thing - too easy, I mean TOO easy. Graphics sucked, and finished the whole game without ANY mistakes. I did everything with 1 try, and that is how i can say that this was just very short and too easy.

Most movie games- always hated them.

Now lets talk about the good side
smile.gif
we don't want to type in bad stuff the whole day
yaynds.gif

all square enix games are good.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and about the movie thing though, there are few exceptions....
such as .... well i can't say it as a movie -> game, but a game -> movie
FFVII!!! Crisis Core is one of the best game ever, and the DS deserves a FFVII.
I also think that FF7 is the most "well known" FF game by its modern style, instead of the fantasy characters with mages and swordsman in a cave fighting animals and skeletons - lets throw that away and actually get it to a place with motorcycles and guns and a disease that damages people with a very tragic parts, such as the death of aegis .. with the well known Sephiroth, dislike other games where the main enemy just dies ... like threats the empire, but at the very end, he would die by the main character- Sephiroth actually had a very good role, which also made people to say sephiroth was much better than cloud...
Dunno i'm a total square enix fan
smile.gif

Well some movie games (back to topic) actually was good,... such as... does resident evil count ?? (was kinda OK)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
mario party games
shovleware on Wii DS (i brought a psp becasue it got so bad)
fire emblem
battalion wars
all the games that end in ZZZ including bratz
halo
sonic has been whored out and milked bone dry
all the mario sports games...and dance ones.
star wars
final fantasy 7 has been whored out by fanboys, it's been completely ruined by remakes, rehashes and side story games movies and merchandise.
fifa games and pro evo games
dynasty warriors games *urgh*

there is probably more that i have most probably forgotten but that's the main ones i can't stand.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Games targeted at non-gamers.
Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Chess, Wii Play, Big Brain Academy, Brain Training, More Brain Training, Sight Training, Maths Training, English Training, Practise English...
wtf.gif

That stuff is evil
angry.gif

QUOTE said:
Are you a casual gamer? Do you play just to unwind and relax? If you have a couple minutes to spare, you can play a quick game of Tetris DS or Clubhouse Games, take your Nintendogs for a walk or challenge your problem-solving skills with Planet Puzzle League. You can even exercise your brain with Big Brain Academy Wii Degree or Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. Touch Generations games are easy to play and fun for anyone.
What a p r o p a g a n d a !
ph34r.gif

It's depressing to see how Nintendo ruins the line-up for true gamers by making mostly games that are aimed at people who play "a couple minutes" a day, and wouldn't at all if those casual games didn't exist in the first place...Good job selling consoles to clueless people who've never been interested in gaming and never will be, no matter how many ex-core-games are mutilated to be casual-gamer compliant
mad.gif

Wii Fit having been Nintendo's main attraction at E3 2007 says it all...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Games targeted at non-gamers.
Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Chess, Wii Play, Big Brain Academy, Brain Training, More Brain Training, Sight Training, Maths Training, English Training, Practise English...
wtf.gif

That stuff is evil
angry.gif

QUOTE said:
Are you a casual gamer? Do you play just to unwind and relax? If you have a couple minutes to spare, you can play a quick game of Tetris DS or Clubhouse Games, take your Nintendogs for a walk or challenge your problem-solving skills with Planet Puzzle League. You can even exercise your brain with Big Brain Academy Wii Degree or Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. Touch Generations games are easy to play and fun for anyone.
What a p r o p a g a n d a !
ph34r.gif

It's depressing to see how Nintendo ruins the line-up for true gamers by making mostly games that are aimed at people who play "a couple minutes" a day, and wouldn't at all if those casual games didn't exist in the first place...Good job selling consoles to clueless people who've never been interested in gaming and never will be, no matter how many ex-core-games are mutilated to be casual-gamer compliant
mad.gif

Wii Fit having been Nintendo's main attraction at E3 2007 says it all...

wii fit (weight health freak lol), sport and play are not bad, i can't wait for wii music, and i play big brain academy occasionally with friends, so they kind of appeal to the general gamer too, i have to agree with you on those brain training and math training, those games are annoying and a chore.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scubersteve said:
Damn movie based games...
THEY'RE ALL EVIL!
That's debatable:

Lego Star Wars
Star Wars Battlefront 2
King Kong
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Spider-Man 2
From Russia With Love
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

rolleyes.gif

S

scubersteve

awdofgum said:
scubersteve said:
Damn movie based games...
THEY'RE ALL EVIL!
That's debatable:

Lego Star Wars
Star Wars Battlefront 2
King Kong
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Spider-Man 2
From Russia With Love
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

rolleyes.gif
I would like to point out the Lego Star Wars has lego in it, thus, redeeming it.
Also:
Is that Riddick game based on the movie or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended