OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
I just really don't get it, but I'll admit I only got a bit into the game before dropping it in favor of something more interesting. First of all, I never played the other games in the Kingdom Hearts series, so I have no idea what's going on. I have no idea who these characters are, and Square-enix did a horrible job of making the story interesting for people like me. The missions are repetitive and you can win most battles by closing your eyes and jamming A until everything's dead.

The biggest annoyance is that I don't even know if anything's advancing at all. I can see that I'm leveling up, but each of those panels means I'm taking another panel away for no noticeable increase in power. The only time your power really increases is when you get a new title and can buy new things from the store. The only problem with that is, I have no idea when that will happen so I'm feeling like all my tedious grind is going without a reward. I stopped playing this half way through because I couldn't justify wasting my time with a story I didn't care about and gameplay I didn't find interesting.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
I loved Phantom Hourglass, and I like Spirit Tracks too, except for two parts:

TRAINS. Why would anyone think this is anything but a step down from sailing? I'm confined to the tracks. The train moves so slowly. I would love to just set my course and go do something interesting for the five minutes it takes to get up there, but there are cows on the track or snowman that want to throw their heads at me. Tedious. Annoying. What happened to the horseback adventures from the ocarina of time where you got wherever you wanted within 60 seconds. Less once you started teleporting places. Also: what's the point of those demon bomb things? They make it so I have to take a slightly less efficient course to my destination. There's nothing clever about them. It adds nothing to the game play. I was deeply disappointed when I saw there was no Action Replay code for 2x train movement (there was in Phantom Hourglass).

STATUES. Or rather Princess Zelda's giant phantom thing. It's awkward to control it. There are four buttons on either side of the DS that are being used for nothing useful. Why not just use those to facilitate switching? Because they don't want to use button for game play at all. Take a break, the way we've got now could be so much improved in every way if you just made it a simple button push to switch between Link and Zelda.

I will be finishing this game, though. I'm still disappointed.

That's all I've got for today. Who else hates a big title game.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate TWEWY.
I don't buy opinions. The gameplay sucks, the graphics suck and the characters suck.

by the way kiddies, IT'S MY OPINION ABOUT TWEWY. IF YOU LIKE THE GAME, GOOD FOR YOU.

SolDav

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yay, a hate thread. Hopefully this will end well, without stepping on someone's sensitive toes
happy.gif

I totally don't get Pokémon. I've played Pokémon Red ages ago. And then I tried Pokémon again last year, and it's exactly the same thing!
I find it frustrating to spend hours training pokémon that I'm going to dispose anyway in favor of other "better" ones. The series hasn't evolved over the years. It's boring, it's tedious. I totally don't understand why people are always anxiously awaiting the next title in the series: they are all the same thing.

Voilà, next ranter.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like Spirit Tracks too. I found it linear and boring. At least Phantom Hourglass was better in terms of exploration and stuff. I mean seriously, train tracks?
wtf.gif
I completed PH but I gave up on ST halfway.
mellow.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like Phantom Hourglass's boat because there wasn't enough ink to make a route that spelled boner.
If it doesn't do that, then it should let me directly control the friggen boat.

I liked Spirit Tracks' train better. Just from looking at the tracks, you knew you had limited movement... Plus i'm a sucker for blowing the whistle every five seconds just because I can.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate any turn based rpg that has "picture" enemies like most dragon quest and etrian odyssey i just cannot get into the battles because theres no real feeling like im truely hurting the enemy
frown.gif

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going with Terenigma on this one.

1st person RPG battles are bullshit.

I can't enjoy Dragon Quest, Wizard of Oz, ASH, Etrian Odyssey, A Witch's Tale, and many more because of such boring battle systems.

That and Dragon Quest has stupid artwork. I'm tired of seeing the same Dragon Ball Fag characters in every Dragon Quest; Blue Dragon game I see (Plus Chrono Trigger).

I adored Spirit Tracks except for that fucking pan flute. :\

Kingdom Hearts Days is also among my favorite DS games.

It's battle system has everything good about KH2 with the simplicity as KH1's system. It also had minimal Disney-ness which I very much welcomed. Unfortunately the game lacked enemy variety and difficulty. The final 3 bosses were ridiculously easy which I can beat without suffering damage. Whats more bullshit was the Olympic "games" being 90% weak mini games and not the epic time sink it was in KH1 (Repeatable Sephiroth fight = drool). Its panel system was highly customizable and complex, maybe the best system in the series. There's a lot I would have improved, but its still among my faves.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.O.P.

Big hype about the game. Almost UN-hackable AP.

Once I finally got it to work.....disappointment. I guess I expected too much from a DS game
frown.gif

JohnLoco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Final Fantasy 13, second and last final game i ever try. Longest and most boring game i have ever played.

Simply because i got no idea whats going on, who am i, what am doing and why is everyone moaning (literally and) about everything.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Mario Kart
This game punishes people who drive well and I hate those shells. I love racing sims and I suck at this game.
You hate it because I kept beating you and the only times you won were the times I "let" you win.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnLoco said:
Final Fantasy 13, second and last final game i ever try. Longest and most boring game i have ever played.

Simply because i got no idea whats going on, who am i, what am doing and why is everyone moaning (literally and) about everything.
final fantasy XIII isnt a ds game...

on topic:i have to say all shovelware and pokemon(although this falls in shovelware since its the same crap pushed on the shelf) lol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate LoZ:ST too. The controls are awkward and hard to get, and the game's difficulty level is too 'hard.'

I gave up on the game after a few hours of game play.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Njrg said:
That and Dragon Quest has stupid artwork. I'm tired of seeing the same Dragon Ball Fag characters in every Dragon Quest; Blue Dragon game I see (Plus Chrono Trigger).

Chrono Trigger was released when the Dragon Ball manga was still ongoing.

----------
anyway, even though this is the DS section, i have to say those xbox360 FPS games, they get too much hype and i hate using the analog stick to aim and stuff, and it has a shitty storyline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But could be bad for people with lower speeds but how many mbs would it really need to detect a button press
    Nearly nothing
    Most of it BT used
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A priest travels to China holy covid
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    being able to turn into a dinosaur would be low key amazing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just don't be a Trex you can't fondle your dong
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just don't be a Trex you can't fondle your dong