games not showing up on 3ds

lovetoplaygames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi how is everyone? I was wondering why only some of my games show up and not all of them. Is there a limit of games that can only show? I used pichaxx to mod. I have a 16gb card installed.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! How many games don't show up on the home menu? You can go to FBI and look through titles and see if they're all installed first, if that's the case they could be missing tickets. Use faketik homebrew to fix them.

lovetoplaygames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out-of-region should still show up on the home menu. Now if your sdcard is in good working condition, missing tickets or corrupt installs would be my guess.
Why would these games work in another device? It doesn't make sense. I will check into missing tickets or whatever you suggested tomorrow. Too tired now to research that. ty

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ds has a cart, the problem is with the 3ds with luma? Only eur games show not usa. I don't know what is wrong then if luma supports all regions. I will have to try more tomorrow. Night thank you for you help.
So you're talking about DS games now?? Again, DS games are region free they should work either on a flashcart or an R4.

Reactions: KimKong

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doubt that 300 games could fit on a 16GB card (which is ~14GB).
It depends on the titles. With the Virtual Console emulator, old games are below 10MB. >>1000 easily fit on a 16GB SD.

Anyway, for installed titles there are two limits:
  • Home Menu can show overall 300 titles (I don't know if the folder icons count as well). I guess the preinstalled stuff also counts to that limit.
    • Homebrew emulators don't need a Home Menu icon for each game
    • 3DSBank for more regular titles
  • DSiWare has a limit of 40. DS game forwarders (nds-bootstrap) count as DSiWare
    • Use TWiLight Menu++ instead of a lot of forwarders

my ds has a cart, the problem is with the 3ds with luma? Only eur games show not usa. I don't know what is wrong then if luma supports all regions. I will have to try more tomorrow. Night thank you for you help.
I don't really understand this. An unmodded 3DS will ignore out-of-region 3DS games (physical game carts) and act as if nothing was inserted into the slot. With Luma3DS this anti-feature isn't present, so any game should show up. Old DS games are not region locked; DSi enhanced games or at least the few DSi exclusives are region locked as far as I know – but as with 3DS games, Luma3DS should get rid of this.

Reactions: lovetoplaygames

lovetoplaygames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends on the titles. With the Virtual Console emulator, old games are below 10MB. >>1000 easily fit on a 16GB SD.

Anyway, for installed titles there are two limits:
  • Home Menu can show overall 300 titles (I don't know if the folder icons count as well). I guess the preinstalled stuff also counts to that limit.
    • Homebrew emulators don't need a Home Menu icon for each game
    • 3DSBank for more regular titles
  • DSiWare has a limit of 40. DS game forwarders (nds-bootstrap) count as DSiWare
    • Use TWiLight Menu++ instead of a lot of forwarders

I don't really understand this. An unmodded 3DS will ignore out-of-region 3DS games (physical game carts) and act as if nothing was inserted into the slot. With Luma3DS this anti-feature isn't present, so any game should show up. Old DS games are not region locked; DSi enhanced games or at least the few DSi exclusives are region locked as far as I know – but as with 3DS games, Luma3DS should get rid of this.
I appreciate the help, and I am very sorry I am not explaining myself very well. I will start from the beginning. I modded a 3ds using luma3ds with pichaxx. I am putting roms (that work on the ds loaded with a dstt cart) in folder roms and then nds. My memory card is FAT32 and I have lots of available space remaining.
Only 39 games are showing under twilight menu icon when I navigate to the pathway roms then nds. I was mistaken (probably because I was really tired lol) but the games that are not showing up are USA ones. So it either region or I can only have 39 games show under the twilight menu. I am baffled and any help will be greatly appreciated.
I tried another thing and it has nothing to do with region, I deleted the games and put on USA games and they show up. I have only 40 games that show up, so it has to do with DSIWare I guess? I must have installed Twilight incorrectly?
If I go to the icon on my 3ds of twilight updater it gives me the message this program has been discontinued but I thought everything ok because games were showing up under the icon twilight menu.

Last edited by lovetoplaygames,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press R to go to the next page. I think all regions should show up. you can also see if the files are hidden. when you hide them in twilight menu++, they're hidden in windows as well unless you have "show hidden files and folders."

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night