Games not launching

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by RyderJ, Aug 9, 2010.

Aug 9, 2010

Games not launching by RyderJ at 7:07 PM (1,457 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. RyderJ
    OP

Newcomer RyderJ Member

United States
    I've been using my Edge card for a really long time, but now I can't get any new roms to launch. The one's I've left on it still run fine, but it just freezes on loading with any new ones I put on.

I'm running v1.11 now, and it hasn't helped. What's up?

2. dbspanks

Newcomer dbspanks Advanced Member

United States
    some newer games may need to wait for a update to the firmware, some might need to be patched or some might need to be decrypted, If you list a few games you might get more help for these games, also try to look at the releanse notes for these games as well some other people might have listed the same problems and maybe fixes as well.

3. RyderJ
    OP

Newcomer RyderJ Member

United States
    The two games I'm working on now are Kirby Super Star Ultra, an older game that should be compatible, and Spirit Tracks, which was supposed to have been fixed in the latest OS. I've tried patched roms with no luck, too.

4. RyderJ
    OP

Newcomer RyderJ Member

United States
    Fixed it! I realized that the roms weren't named properly. They seem to need the release IDs beginning the file name, which I wasn't aware of.

5. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

Just make sure that you dont have non-ASCII characters on the file names as it will do loading hangups if you load the ROM.

btw: in EDGE, the ROM must be loaded though.. (not stuck in loading screen) .. if the ROM has an AP on it or corrupted, the problem you will encounter mostly is... the game will just loop, cant save, slowdown and black/white screen. Other than that. probably somethings wrong with your memory card or the cart itself.

6. Kitanode

Newcomer Kitanode Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I dont think this is definetly the case.

I rename all my rom files after downloading them and they always work fine. I've only ever found one game not to work with my edge card and that was Combat of Giants:Mutant Insects.

7. MF Tlaxcala

Member MF Tlaxcala GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Yeah, the games Rayman DS and Spore Hero Area didn`t work too on iEDGE, but all of the other games did. (Rayman DS and Spore Hero Area did work on normal EDGE).
    And the games where not renamed with any release numbers. So, that doesn`t make any sense.