faramirlupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone!

I have been using SX OS on my switch for years no with no issues. I know they are no longer supported but it has been easy for me to lower firmware requirements for new games using NSC Builder. Until Yesterday, I had been enjoying GTA Definitive Edition and all three games were updated to their 1.0.5 updates with no issues. Yesterday the latest update for all three games came out, 1.0.6. I installed these updates so all games were showing 1.0.6 version. Vice City still works perfectly. But both GTA III and San Andreas stopped working. I figured the updates had to be the reason. I tried using gold leaf to delete just the updates. I've never done that before so I'm not sure how it is normally supposed to work. After deleting the 1.0.6 update from both games they still showed 1.0.6 in the home menu and would not launch. So I deleted the full games through Data Management and reinstalled them as the original versions with no updates. I did put them through NSC Builder to lower the firmware requirement and installed them with tinfoil being sure to select the Convert to Standard Crypto option. I'm pretty sure this is what I did to get the games working originally. GTA III won't start in Airplane mode and when I take it out of Airplane mode it says it can't connect to the internet. San Andreas just goes to the "Unable to start software. Return to Home Menu and try again."

I've tried running the files through NSC Builder and Renx pack to lower the firmware requirement. I've tried converting them to XCI. I've tried installing no updates, old updates, and the newest one acquired from a different place. Nothing gets these games working. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to fix this? Did I mess the tickets up somehow? Would converting to Atmosphere fix this issue? I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

faramirlupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just update your system firmware, Atmosphere work on 13.2.1
I haven't migrated to Atmosphere because until now it has been very easy to get SX OS to do everything I need. I can just lower the firmware requirements for games I want to backup with NSC builder. So I haven't wanted to put the time into researching how to do it. I'm willing to do it to get these games working, but I just want to make sure that is actually what the issue is. I'm worried I may have messed up the tickets somehow. I can't figure out why it won't play the base version of the games anymore when everything worked before the newest update.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't migrated to Atmosphere because until now it has been very easy to get SX OS to do everything I need. I can just lower the firmware requirements for games I want to backup with NSC builder. So I haven't wanted to put the time into researching how to do it. I'm willing to do it to get these games working, but I just want to make sure that is actually what the issue is. I'm worried I may have messed up the tickets somehow. I can't figure out why it won't play the base version of the games anymore when everything worked before the newest update.

Not every games would work on lower firmware, it depends on their sdk they used on development, if you deleted the update, the game, and the ticket and redone it and it still doesn't work it might just be the firmware.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
check the update nsp with apps like xci explorer
if the update is build with sdk12 or 13 then it is not patchable for lower firmware

faramirlupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the update nsp with apps like xci explorer
if the update is build with sdk12 or 13 then it is not patchable for lower firmware
Thanks! Any idea why the base nsp or a lower update wouldn't work when it was working before I tried to install the newest update?

faramirlupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I bit the bullet and migrated to Atmosphere. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. But I still can't get the updates to work on GTA III and San Andreas. The base games work fine when I reinstalled them, unlike in SX OS. But the new update and all the prior updates still error when I try to start them up. Any ideas?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I bit the bullet and migrated to Atmosphere. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. But I still can't get the updates to work on GTA III and San Andreas. The base games work fine when I reinstalled them, unlike in SX OS. But the new update and all the prior updates still error when I try to start them up. Any ideas?
did you update the cfw to 13.x? new games/updates might require it to run

faramirlupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you update the cfw to 13.x? new games/updates might require it to run
Yes. I'm on the current firmware and got fresh nsp files that haven't been downgraded. Tried installing them through Awoo, goldleaf, and tinfoil. The base games work, but no updates, not the most recent one that started this mess, and not the previous one that I had been playing on with no problems.

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If i where you, i will buy another memory card like 256gb from amazon. Only cost $30.

Install atmo emummc and update to latest firmware. Now you can access both worlds, this is my current setup. I only access atmo to latest game and sxos for older games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0