Games for Wii U Pro Controller

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by PrimeX, Apr 15, 2013.

Apr 15, 2013

Games for Wii U Pro Controller by PrimeX at 12:19 PM (1,410 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. PrimeX
    OP

Member PrimeX GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    So I've just got the Pro Controller but I have no games to play with it. NSMBU, NintendoLand or Batman do not support it.
    Instead one can play Trine 2 and the Rayman Demo with this controller, wtf? No support from first party titles is outrageous.
    Do you know of any current or future game that supports it? I strongly hope that Injustice: Gods Among Us do...

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Disregard this post, I misunderstood.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It is pretty lame for any games to not support it. Afterall it's exactly the same as the gamepad with no screen. Any game that uses the gamepad should support it by default.

NSMBU is a head scratcher...does it even support nunchucks like the wii one did? Silly not to include classic controller and pro controller support. I guess the reason is they don't have the motion control and some levels have platforms requiring you to tilt. How do these work on the gamepad (does it make you tilt it)? I have played plenty on it but don't remember playing a level on it with tilt controls. This is still a lame excuse as the tilt can be mapped to the shoulder buttons or an analog stick.

I don't see a need to get the pro controller myself because its way too expensive considering the amount of software that supports it. Any games seems to work just as well with the gamepad. Seriouslly how much effort is it for a developer to support the option to use it and why they heck wouldn't they?

4. PrimeX
    OP

Romania
    NSMBU is like the perfect match for the Pro, but nooooo..... I have tried yesterday NintendoLand and the controller doesn't even get paired so it's not even partial.

No nunchuks for the NSMBU, just old plain wiimote. Yes you can tilt the gamepad but the ZR button does the same thing iirc. I thought that all games with the wiimote option will do the trick :(

5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    ZombiU and Lego City Undercover I understand. They simply need that screen.

Mario.. eh, doesn't matter.

I'm glad Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate uses it, it's all I ever use to play that game. It makes such a huge difference.

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i bought one so i can use it for emulation (hopefully) later :P

7. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Oh, you know what : I misunderstood!
    I thought you talked about the WiiU controller, not the Classic Controller pro. Sorry.

So, yeah NSBMU doesn't have support for it.
    ZombieU has it only for multiplayer mode. (the survivor use the Classic Pro, and the Zombi-Master use the Gamepad to spawn zombies)
    I don't know about Monster Hunter Tri.

8. blaisedinsd

United States
    I think that games that need the screen should still support it. They should let you use the buttons on the pro controller as an alternative. That is a nice convenience if your gamepad needs to charge (as it often does) allowing you to put it on the charging cradle and continue playing (you can still see it and use the touchscreen easy enough).

It is crap they don't have motion sensors in it when they are selling it for $50. I hear the rumble is just as pathetic as the gamepad, no analog triggers or buttons. The only nice feature it has is the battery life. Over priced, under featured, and under supported.

9. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Classic Controller Pro =/= WiiU Pro Controller

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B002TLTBN0.01.lg.jpg

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2012/06/Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg

10. PrimeX
    OP

Romania
  11. blaisedinsd

United States
    Wii U exclusive:
    Gamepad

Pro Controller

Wii accessories supported by Wii U:

Balance board (No Wii U games use it yet that I know of)

Wii Remote

Wii Motion Plus

Nunchuck

Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro

(Old wii supports gamecube controller)

Has there ever been a system with so many freaking controllers before? (I have them all except the Pro controller....5 Wii remotes (one with motion plus built in and one motion plus accesory) and 4 nunchucks)

12. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Injustice: Gods Among Us supports it

PrimeX likes this.
  13. PrimeX
    OP

Romania
    Great, shopto sent my Injustice yesterday so one of these days I'll receive it. Can't wait to test my Pro Controller :D

14. blaisedinsd

United States
    NSMBU is going to be patched to support the pro controller. This will happen when the Luigi DLC comes out. It would be nice to have classic controller support as well.

I think they just map the elevator level to the shoulder buttons....
    source:

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/update-for-nsmbu/

PrimeX likes this.
  15. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    trine works on it