Homebrew Question Games crashing only while docked

ChameleonSkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running with an emuMMC, firmware 9.2.0, and Atmosphere 0.12. I've been trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition on my Switch, but it keeps crashing whenever it is docked. Playing in handheld mode, it hasn't crashed once. But within 5 minutes of docking it (either when initially launched in portable mode or when launched while docked), it crashed with the message "An error has occurred" (no error code given). I am running the latest version of the game (1.1.1.1), and I have tried installing it to both my SD card and to system memory with the same effect in both cases. I have also tried disabling layeredFS when launching the game.

I had this happen with another game in the past (Mages of Mystralia), but it was much less frequent. I have plenty of other games that I've played while docked for hours at a time and not encountered problems with them. Any idea what could be going on, and what I could do to resolve it?

Last edited by ChameleonSkin,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running with an emuMMC, firmware 9.2.0, and Atmosphere 0.12. I've been trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition on my Switch, but it keeps crashing whenever it is docked. Playing in handheld mode, it hasn't crashed once. But within 5 minutes of docking it (either when initially launched in portable mode or when launched while docked), it crashed with the message "An error has occurred" (no error code given). I am running the latest version of the game (1.1.1.1), and I have tried installing it to both my SD card and to system memory with the same effect in both cases. I have also tried disabling layeredFS when launching the game.

I had this happen with another game in the past (Mages of Mystralia), but it was much less frequent. I have plenty of other games that I've played while docked for hours at a time and not encountered problems with them. Any idea what could be going on, and what I could do to resolve it?
How is your SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips