1. SuperHans111

OP SuperHans111 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I updated to latest OFW and CFW, since doing that my games (A Hat in Time) load into a black screen and then crash. Would anyone be able to help me work out what is going on?
    It never did this before I updated. I have all the required patches as I can see the loading screen for the game itself.

Thanks!

Edit: It only does it for A Hat in Time. A game which I have physically. It is on the latest version (1.0.4) with the 60FPS patch installed (for version 1.0.4)
    All other games, cartridge or not, work fine.

Last edited by SuperHans111, Jul 15, 2020
  2. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    I'm not sure but first things I would try is remove the fps patch and/or the game update and see if it loads without crashing. If it works, try adding them back.

I did see the Sigpatches were updated yesterday, but if the game loads, that's probably not the problem.

SuperHans111 likes this.
  3. SuperHans111

Australia
    Thanks for the help. I'm trying this out. I need to redownload the update first though.

TheCasualties likes this.
  4. SuperHans111

Australia
    update: it's not the 60FPS patch. Maybe it's the latest Kosmos/Neptune that's the problem.

5. TheCasualties

Netherlands
    Hmm, yea I'd try a clean install of atmosphere. What did you update from? I know certain versions would have bugs if you didn't delete the old files.

Of course back up your mods and sys-modules, then remove (maybe backup) the atmosphere and Sept folders. Then put the 'clean' files on.

I hope that will help! I was hoping someone else would come in knowing exactly what your issue was, but that didn't happen :/

6. SuperHans111

Australia
    I read something about the patches not working with latest OFW. I tested this theory and I think it's correct.

7. TheCasualties

Netherlands
    Dang, did you test the latest file from this thread? https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere.567542/

If you are using the kosmos/neptune/hekate version, you can try these sigpatches and launch with fusee-primary payload by injecting from your pc. Maybe back up your current patches, or download them again before putting these patches on. I don't think the 'hekate' patches have been updated yet. (Pretty sure neptune is using the same 'fusee-secondary' payload, which requires different patches)

But it's weird that just A Hat in Time is doing this. I'd think if it was a sigpatch issue, most games wouldn't launch at all.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 16, 2020
  8. SuperHans111

Australia
    Other games like Superhot and Castle Crashers won't boot either I've discovered. A Hat in Time won't boot because the DLC I downloaded was uhhh not acquired through the official channels, shall we say.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - loading, Games, crash