Hacking Games crash after a few minutes after doing system update

Smewth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought and cracked my 3ds about a year ago, everything was fine, i could play all the games i installed on it well, but at some point my younger cousin clicked Yes when prompted with the system update and my 3ds went to shit

Mind you i can still play games, but about 2-20 minutes into any game i get an error prompt and the console crashes ( see link below for exact errors )

I'm hoping this has an easy fix, and i'm sorry for the trouble. If there's any additional information required i'll give it.

Thank you and happy new year :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the information you've provided, I would suggest reinstalling the problematic game. If it's a lot of games that are crashing, then the problem might be with your SD card. If the problem is your SD card, it might need to be checked for errors, reformatted, or replaced.

Smewth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Based on the information you've provided, I would suggest reinstalling the problematic game. If it's a lot of games that are crashing, then the problem might be with your SD card. If the problem is your SD card, it might need to be checked for errors, reformatted, or replaced.
I already tried reinstalling the problematic games and the error still comes up. I thank you for the assistance tho ! I'll get on it as soon as possible

Is there any way i can keep my save files ? I'm assuming they're stored in the SD card, or is it in the console ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried reinstalling the problematic games and the error still comes up. I thank you for the assistance tho ! I'll get on it as soon as possible

Is there any way i can keep my save files ? I'm assuming they're stored in the SD card, or is it in the console ?
Save files are saved to your SD card. I would recommend the following steps:
  1. Backup everything on the SD card
  2. Run chkdsk /r on the SD card and try again
If that doesn't fix the problem:
  1. Do an overwrite format of the SD card using SD Formatter
  2. If it's not already formatted as FAT32, use guiformat to reformat the SD card as FAT32 using 32KB clusters
  3. Put your files and folders back onto the SD card and try again
If that doesn't fix the problem:
  1. Try a different SD card, making sure it's FAT32 with 32KB clusters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel