Hacking Games black and white

tyler grissom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing my wii. I had just added red steel 2. I reset to the home screen, went back into home brew and loaded usb loader. It found my hdd in the startup, but I don't see any games or see any display of space on the hard drive, it just says 13 games at the bottom, then I try and load in neogamma, and configurable usb loader and all of a sudden it's in black and white. Formatted hard drive, re added games, still did the same, update all loaders, reinstalled cios 249, reinstalled cios38 rev17, still nothing what could I have done to suddenly have this problem

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You might have flipped video modes somewhere. Check to see that you're on interlaced or progressive - whichever you have cables for. Also, this may happen with PAL games if you are playing in interlaced. You need to force NTSC and turn on VIDTV patch.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Black&white video on NTSC Wii? - You are using an american SDTV and the Wii is using PAL output, most likely because it's being told to do that by the usb loader.

About your HDD, can your pc see the games after the usb loaders stopped showing them? Do you still use wbfs as file sytem? If yes, try NTFS(files >4GB) or FAT32(gamecube games), update your usb loader and install the d2x cIOS with IOS56 as base. The updated loader and cIOS might also improve the HDD compatibility.

You might have flipped video modes somewhere. Check to see that you're on interlaced or progressive - whichever you have cables for. Also, this may happen with PAL games if you are playing in interlaced. You need to force NTSC and turn on VIDTV patch.

The vidtv patch is not for normal video mode stuff, don't mix it up with the video mode patches. I forgot what it was about, but for the default use case of forcing or patching PAL60 <-> NTSC, you do not need it. Turning it on might even cause issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup