Games are crashing + 1 other question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by achnod, Feb 27, 2011.

Feb 27, 2011
  1. achnod
    OP

Newcomer achnod Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

So, I have tried with usbloader gx, wiiflow and cfg usbloader. The problem is that my games seems to crash/freeze a lot. Sometimes, I am unable to to play more than 15 minutes without a freeze and a crash. I have updated the loaders as much as I could but I will be mainly using cfg usbloader. I think I am running Hermes latest cIOS and I have also updated cIOs 249 to the latest revision.

A collegue of mine actually installed everything for me the first time. I had a lot of issue so I decided to get a SD reader and follow the guides to update the cIOS just to see.

So far no change, the game crashes and I am unable to transfer large game with cfg usbloader over my hard drive as it will freeze.

I am currently using an old seagate 320 gig HD formatted in fat32. It's a hard drive I had in one of my old desktop pc that I took out and plugged into a USB docking station.

Is there anything else I can do? I am guessing that my hard drive is not compatible or damaged (it is more that 4 years old after all). If I order a new one from the compatible list, are the game going to stop crashing?

I want to point out that my wii is the special edition one and running 4.3

My other question is. Is there anyways to get any loader to run a Gamecube game? I did some research and I guess that since my games need to be burned and that my wii cannot read burned disk I would not be able to but someone at work said he was able although he didn't remember how he does it so I am not 10o% he is not bsing me.

Thank you very much

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try installing 249dx56 and 250dx57 and see if that fixes your problem.

As for GameCube games, I believe your only options are to purchase an SDGecko and use Swiss or replace your DVD drive with an older one.

3. achnod
    OP

Newcomer achnod Newbie

Canada
    Thx for the help.

As for what you suggested, it does not seem to work.

Both wad do not install...

4. Lacius

United States
    Just because you didn't successfully install the WAD files doesn't mean it is not the solution. Do you have IOS236 installed? If not, install it first and use it with Multi-Mod Manager.

5. achnod
    OP

Newcomer achnod Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

I just checked to make sure and yes, it is currently installed on the Wii.

I do not know if it is anyhelp, but iso 249 is using rev21.

Thx for your help, everything is appreciated.

Thank you

6. Lacius

United States
    I helped solve a very similar problem someone was having by suggesting he install the dx version instead of the normal rev21. Because the dx version is a modified rev21, it will show up as rev21 in any sysCheck you run. Open Multi-Mod Manager, load IOS236, and install the 249dx56 and 250dx57 WADs. Alternatively, you can use WAD Manager 1.7 using IOS236 to install the WADs. If you have successfully installed these WADs and you are still experiencing freeze problems, then I do not know what the issue is.

7. achnod
    OP

Newcomer achnod Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay I have been a little bit busy lately. I am going to ask a few more questions as I am not exactly sure what you mean (I am fairly new to to this and my English isn't that good).

So basically I need to use mmm to reinstall IOS236 by using the install and patch IOS36? then install the 249dx56 and 250dx57 WADs?

Or do I have to do something else?

Thank you