OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gamer Night
GTA IV Experimenting

TONIGHT: Friday night (31st of July) at 7pm-10pm EST (your time here) time we will be screwing around in Liberty City (PC version, sorry PS3/360 owners). The goal is to see if 32 people fit inside one of the buses. My guess is that it will only hold around 25.

Get on for glory, justice, science, and random fun that comes from screwing around. To join the game just simply add the gamer-tag AirDoubloon and join the GTA IV game at the appointed time. For help or if you just want to chat about it, go to the chatroom and type /join #gbatemp-wifi

discuss.png
Discuss

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
if my pc could run the game i would have come... can someone that is going to play record and show it to peopel that cant play??
that would be awsome!

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GTA IV's my favorite game!...on the 360.
frown.gif

BTW I don't want to spoil any fun but the 360 bus didn't hold very many people.
Maybe they changed that for the pc version though.
I told my parents a while back that I should get a new graphics card to play this but they thought it would be a stupid idea considering I already had the 360 version. So I was like "I should get the pc version because it's got a better resolution and a greater draw distance" but they were just like "wtf?" so I never got one. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since it won't run on my Intel Celeron D single core piece of shi-.

SilentSinr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought this on steam awhile back, i have only played single player so far though
to my knowledge i do not have anything planned for tonight so i will try and make it,
it sounds like it will be a blast

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
the pc port is horrible though...
Tell me about it... The email banter between Rockstar and I has been going on for several months. I actually bought the game, my PC is above the recommended specs and certainly above the minimum, and it's simply unplayable due to the crashes and loading issues. I do everything they tell me on the ticket, and I even tried it on a fresh Windows installation to no avail...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sinkhead said:
Joe88 said:
Tell me about it... The email banter between Rockstar and I has been going on for several months. I actually bought the game, my PC is above the recommended specs and certainly above the minimum, and it's simply unplayable due to the crashes and loading issues. I do everything they tell me on the ticket, and I even tried it on a fresh Windows installation to no avail...

WTF? I pirated the game, and it's working wonderfully! I never had any crashing problems....
I just downloaded the latest patches, and don't enable that replay or so.
Then it worked.
Hope it works out for you Sinkhead!

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Sinkhead said:
Joe88 said:

WTF? I pirated the game, and it's working wonderfully! I never had any crashing problems....
Then it worked.
It's my graphics card. GTA IV hates ATi 4870s. Lots of people have the problem and Rockstar doesn't seem to be able to fix the problem. Sucks, especially when I bought it and it doesn't work, and then I hear of people pirating it and having it work perfectly
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sinkhead said:
Satangel said:
Sinkhead said:
Joe88 said:

Then it worked.
It's my graphics card. GTA IV hates ATi 4780s. Lots of people have the problem and Rockstar doesn't seem to be able to fix the problem. Sucks, especially when I bought it and it doesn't work, and then I hear of people pirating it and having it work perfectly
tongue.gif

Ah man, I feel your pain man. I was so hyped for Fallout 3, and I too bought it (first game I bought in 6 years !)
Then it turned out the 8800GTS with Vista 64bit was just a no-go with the game. It always crashes when I click New Game.....
That sucks soo hard man, unbelievable! And they can't fix it, I've asked it a dozen times on the forums, but they can't fix it.....

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
Ah man, I feel your pain man. I was so hyped for Fallout 3, and I too bought it (first game I bought in 6 years !)
Then it turned out the 8800GTS with Vista 64bit was just a no-go with the game. It always crashes when I click New Game.....
That sucks soo hard man, unbelievable! And they can't fix it, I've asked it a dozen times on the forums, but they can't fix it.....

That's strange. Up until recently I had an 8800GTS and Vista x64. Played Fallout 3 just fine.

Anyway... back to on topic. Would love to join in, but my copy of GTA 4 is of questionable origins.
wink.gif

If there's a way to join in, I'm all game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My PC would run GTA4 without problems... If I only had it
frown.gif

I was playing it on my 360, and I guess it's a bit too late to try to get ahold of it now.

Oh well, I guess it goes for the next time... which I hope will be soon
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...