• Total voters

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
Graphics are more important..I mean a game may have awesome gameplay but the graphics suck. Then it will be ABSOLUTELY lame...
what about a game with awesome graphics but gameplay sucks that would make the game ABSOLUTELY lame...
IMO I can enjoy any game even with 8bit graphics as long as it has gameplay
I'd like to see you try to play Kingdom Hearts DS with 8-bit graphics....
yay.gif
Gotcha!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
devesh_zelda said:
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
Graphics are more important..I mean a game may have awesome gameplay but the graphics suck. Then it will be ABSOLUTELY lame...
what about a game with awesome graphics but gameplay sucks that would make the game ABSOLUTELY lame...
yay.gif
Gotcha!
give me the rom and sure ill do it
also ill like to see you play khds with a stupid fighting system ie:bad gameplay

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
yay.gif
Gotcha!
also ill like to see you play khds with a stupid fighting system ie:bad gameplay
Fine imagine spirit tracks with the train looking like a massive yellow blob on the screen

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
devesh_zelda said:
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
Rockstar said:
devesh_zelda said:
yay.gif
Gotcha!
Fine imagine spirit tracks with the train looking like a massive yellow blob on the screen
Imagine spirit tracks without a train
smileipb2.png

@Raika:Look whos talking
ninja.gif

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don' tcare, it needs quality, no matter if a game have awesome graphics or a superb gameplay, if there's no quality the game will be totaly crap.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay. There are a lot of games that look awesome but play like crap. After you get over the "wow" factor you realize you're just playing a crappy game.

Some of my favorite games I still play today occasionally are from the Atari 2600.... games like Frostbite, Yar's Revenge, etc.

scaleim.php

Primitive Graphics? Yes. Fun as Hell, even 20 years later? Yes.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gameplay all the way. I still play Starwing after over a decade. With today's technology those graphics would look primitive on a cellphone. But it's still one of the best flying games ever made. I love it. Same goes for games like Streets Of Rage, the 2D Sonic games, and too many NES games to count.

Besides, IMHO modern graphics are madly over-rated anyway. Here's a few games said to have incredible graphics and why I think they look awful:

- Gears Of War. Yeah, it looks good. But an awful lot of grey, don't you think? It's dull. Give me Super Mario World and that bright yellow cape over this ANY DAY.
- Halo 3. Billed as the biggest game release in history, it doesn't look all that great to me. Not bad, but how it deserves the accolades it gets I'll never know.
- Modern Warfare 2. Suffers from 'its all grey' syndrome in many places in multiplayer from what I've played so far.

But at least there are some games with actual colour in them these days. Uncharted 2 looks incredible and Avatar looks phenominal.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I say a good balance of both makes a game. I mean graphics don't make the game, but they are what you are looking at so they at least need to be good enough not make your eyes bleed.
But then again I have played games that were shinny shinny, but were crap still.
So it really matters on how you balance them out, I say.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I said both but it depends entirely on the game itself, while games like Pokemon are classics I really want see a full next gen version of something similar to the handheld games and then theres games like zelda I like to stay the same as the classics

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Gameplay all the way. I still play Starwing after over a decade. With today's technology those graphics would look primitive on a cellphone. But it's still one of the best flying games ever made. I love it. Same goes for games like Streets Of Rage, the 2D Sonic games, and too many NES games to count.

Besides, IMHO modern graphics are madly over-rated anyway. Here's a few games said to have incredible graphics and why I think they look awful:

- Gears Of War. Yeah, it looks good. But an awful lot of grey, don't you think? It's dull. Give me Super Mario World and that bright yellow cape over this ANY DAY.
- Halo 3. Billed as the biggest game release in history, it doesn't look all that great to me. Not bad, but how it deserves the accolades it gets I'll never know.
- Modern Warfare 2. Suffers from 'its all grey' syndrome in many places in multiplayer from what I've played so far.

But at least there are some games with actual colour in them these days. Uncharted 2 looks incredible and Avatar looks phenominal.

Erm, Gears and MW2 are supposed to be dark and realistic. Sorry buddy but the world simply isn't build of sunshine, flowers, and Dreamcast graphic engines. As for Halo, it looks pretty good but it's not the best for the 360. And it's definitely not the biggest release in gaming history. There's been more than enough games that have outsold it. These are the Top 20 best selling console games ever...

1. Wii Play (Wii – 24.43 million)[69]
2. Wii Fit (Wii – 22.5 million)[69]
3. Nintendogs (DS – 22.27 million, all five versions combined)[70]
4. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green (Game Boy – 20.08 million approximately: 10.23 million in Japan,[46] 9.85 million in US)[19]
5. New Super Mario Bros. (DS – 19.94 million)[69]
6. Mario Kart Wii (Wii – 18.36 million)[69]
7. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES – 18 million)[109]
8. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (DS – 17.41 million)[70]
9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 17.33 million)[115]
10. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (DS – 16.81 million)[71]
11. Mario Kart DS (DS – 16.09 million)[69]
12. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 – 14.89 million shipped)[106]
13. Pokémon Gold and Silver (Game Boy Color – 14.51 million approximately: 7.6 million in US,[19] 6.91 million in Japan)[46]
14. Super Mario Land (Game Boy – 14 million)[109]
15. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! (DS – 13.71 million)[70]
16. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA – 13 million)[81]
17. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (GBA – 11.82 million)[71]
18. Super Mario 64 (N64 – 11 million)[109]
19. Gran Turismo (PS1 – 10.85 million shipped)[106][107]
20. Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS – 10.79 million),[71]

EDIT: These are non-bundled. Bundled would include Super Mario Bros. and Wii Sports, as well as Tetris.

No Halo! Sorry if it looks weird, I c/p'd it from Wikipedia.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPlay should be disqualified from that list of you ask me... only reason anybody buys it is to get the Wii Remote:) Only reason I have it, even though I do like shooting.

For everybody who rips on Nintendo, It should speak for itself that 16 of the 20 games on that list are by them...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted Gameplay.

If you think about it, NES games are still fun and are still played quite often. Graphics look like nothing compared to what we have today, but it's still a great gaming experience.

Oblivion and other games that had stellar graphics might get one playthrough and sit on the shelf for a long period of time.

I still play my Mega Man 2, that's all I'm saying.

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Gameplay ofc, just look back at old games, Zelda, Mario, Tetris and so on.. Still i'm hoping Nintendo would improve they're graphics, Really looking forward to the next Zelda game to Wii
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls