Gamepad Disconnections.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by momocop, Feb 26, 2013.

1. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    I've had my Wii U for almost 3 Months now and it has been working great up until 2 weeks ago.

For the last two weeks I've had constant Disconnecting issues with the Gamepad. I would be in the middle of my game and I would lose connection and has been affecting my overall use with it. I've placed my WiiU by itself on my stand and it still keeps disconnecting.

Does anyone go through the same issues that I'm going through?

Also I've contacted Nintendo and ordered a Repair.

My vWii has been modded and wanted to know If I should still go through with the Repair?

Thanks. Just need some advice.

- Momo

2. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I've never had a disconnect yet an I take it downstairs with me in my house quite a bit.

3. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I've never had a disconnect yet an I take it downstairs with me in my house quite a bit.

4. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Are they asking for the console or the Gamepad? If it's just the gamepad, your vWii is fine (whatever the hell that is).

5. PrimeX

PrimeX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    Romania
  6. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    I've sent it into Nintendo, I had to send the WiiU console and Gamepad.

Also I have tried to Resync it many times. I've tried all sorts of procedures.

7. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    vWii is the wii mode from your WiiU.

8. paulee123

paulee123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    I am now getting the same issue, mind you I updated my firmware to 2.1.3e yesterday. Fired up the game in my room the same spot as before.
    Guess what the cutscenes in game were like that song by house of pain.

Terrible
    Seems like I should have waited a few months for the hardware and stuff to flesh out the bugs etc

9. momocop
    OP

momocop Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2010
    United States
    I have recieved my Wii U back and the console seems to have been repaired. I have yet to check if my vWii is still hacked. I'm not even sure if they checked that part of the system.

Modding your vWii does void your warranty. I never mentioned it and I believe they never bothered to go check.

10. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    That's really good news. Makes me consider hacking mine but I am too chicken to void the warranty. Post again when you check if your sofmod has been altered. They probably didn't even check it.