Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
It does what it says. You put a game in your Queue, and it ships it to you. But, you have to consider factors of how popular it is. Right now, Watch Dogs (Xbone), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) and nearly anything newly released is impossible to get shipped out. If you have a backlog of X360/Ps3/Wii/DS games, it's worth it. If you're looking to get your hands on newer games, look elsewhere.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had any problem getting new games with it. You can also try it out for free for one month, although you still have to have a week-long hold for the value of that month put on your debit or credit card, unless they discontinued the offer. It's in my sig somewhere if you want to check it out.

Personally I think it's great if there's a game you know you want to play once and probably never again.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use to have a subscription with Gamefly. My main problem with Gamefly is slow shipping. Compare to my Netflix DVD subscription, Gamefly can take up to 5 business days to reach my mailbox.

Go ahead and sign up for that 1 month trial and determine yourself.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's okay. Slow shipping is definitely an issue, and the prices aren't favorable if you're not a really big gamer that doesn't need to own their games. Otherwise I have a hard time justifying one game out a time prices, as within two months of that, I could just flat out buy a game with the money I saved from not using the service. In no way is this comparable to the likes of Netflix in terms of good pricing and good service, nor does it compare to the once great local rental programs of various stores long out of business.

As others have said, I suggest trying the one month trial. At that point, if you feel it's worth it and you aren't just better off saving up for games, go for it. Just remember to be efficient, otherwise you're wasting money if you decide to get a subscription.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.