Sebastian25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mikerochip said:
Sebastian25 said:
Theres only a handful of games (which I own) that Id like to have loaded on my wii so that I can finally get rid of my gamecube (wind waker being one of them).

Not to point out the obvious or anything, but, you know, you *can* get rid of your GameCube, right now.

You don't need a GC to play those games. They work just fine on the Wii
smile.gif

true but my gamecube had a QOOB PRO installed and it allows to me in game reset... which im astounded hasnt been implemented for the wii.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Darkmystery said:
There IS being worked on. And it IS possible. Just be patient.

(Oh and to all ppl that don;t think it is possible, think again.
tongue.gif

"SoftMod without drive modification/flashing will never be possible"
"LOLLOL USB2 speed on Wii without hardware mod? NO WAY"
"Gamecube loading is NOT possible!! The MIOS shuts everything down, so too bad :/"

And now:
"We can´t load GC games.This is because to emulate Game Cube USB connections are disconnected and therefore it is impossible to recognize the device.")

Why are you so sure of this
tongue.gif
?

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you people are saying its not possible
because 3 or 4 years ago there was a hardware chip a hardmod that worked like the usb loader exept it was for the gamecube console, so its very possible if someone can make a software rather than a hardware like this.
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=12678

and this is why hes so sure due to hacking be infinite,the gc didn't even have anything close to a usb drive and they were still able to do this.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hacking the mios to make it load from usb instead of the dvd drive...... like the usb loader.

it should be possible.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why this would impossible, everyone's reasons for why it wouldn't work so far in this thread haven't convinced me. I think it can be done, and if I was a better programmer I would do it.

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I know it's not the MIOS which shuts down USB, it's the BC which sets the processor to GameCube speed, disables USB/SD/NAND/LAN/WLAN and THEN loads boot2 which THEN loads MIOS (that's what WiiBrew says). So it looks like what we need is a custom BC.

Lee.games

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think getting Game Cube games running from a USB H/D will be possible because
the Flatmii chip streams GC ISO's from a pc to the Wii So an app like the USB Loader
for gamecube should work

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*cough* bump *cough*

You forget though the flatmii is a hardmod they're talking about softmods. The flatmii was able to load the games directly to the wii,since it had a cable of its own hooked up to theusb port(I forgot how the installation was ,but it was like that) where as here we use the usb port on the wii not one attached to a mod chip. The difference is simple the usb for the wii is shutdown where the usb for the flatmii having no relations to the wii's software runs the game.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Lee.games said:
I think getting Game Cube games running from a USB H/D will be possible because
the Flatmii chip streams GC ISO's from a pc to the Wii So an app like the USB Loader
for gamecube should work
It emulates the dvd drive, that has nothing to do with a usb loader.

Gamii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, can some scene developer stop this speculation explaining the technical possibilities and the complex of implementation?

darkmaster_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My view on this (keep in mind I have little understanding on the wii's hardware) is that if the usb ports are being disabled by software (system calls) then you can use system calls to enable them again, or modify the software to stop the disabling of the usb

If it's hardware based (i.e the processor used for gamecube games doesn't have access to the usb devices) then it becomes more of a problem, however, it doesn't rule out some sort of emulation, for example, create a virtual gamecube where the usb drive is mounted on the dvd drive, and use a combination of hardware and software to trick the wii into believing it's in gamecube mode.

In general, if we have access to the entire system, it should be possible to do anything the hardware can handle, be it intended to behave like that or not

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seeing as in Wii mode the Wii is really just a faster GC with more memory, USB, WiFi, bluetooth etc wouldn't it be possible to make a VM style "manager" programme that just uses the cios itself and hides the extra hardware and clock cycles from the GC game?

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
humm... a poster said someone is working on a gc usb loader...... I don't remember where I saw it.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all in order for this to work we would have to break the harware restrictions that are applied when the MIOS loads. withoutn MIOS Gamecube does not play. So simply put when the wii loads anything gamecube related it forces into gamecube mode which means that all usb and wifi conection is then disabled. It is possible that someone might be able to find a way to fix this but I highly doubt that it will happen anytime soon.

Sebastian25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I heard that Nintendo is putting up poles asking which game should be implemented to their new New Play Control series on the wii (gamecube games that utilize wii controls)

The listings were for

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (.... THIS would be awesome, imagine using wiimote to summon the wind)
Mario Sunshine
Metroid 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Luigis Mansion (THIS is an awesome idea)
F-Zero X

My other favorite game is already coming as a wiimake Resident Evil REmake for the wii...

so if it doesnt happen, Ill be happy if Nintendo release those games.. then I can officially get rid of my gamecube. those were the only games on the gamecube worth buying and ones that I kept.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:
So simply put when the wii loads anything gamecube related it forces into gamecube mode which means that all usb and wifi conection is then disabled. It is possible that someone might be able to find a way to fix this but I highly doubt that it will happen anytime soon.
and once someone does find a fix for this, it seems it would be easy for it to run from the usb instead of the disk everytime

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sebastian25 said:
Well I heard that Nintendo is putting up poles asking which game should be implemented to their new New Play Control series on the wii (gamecube games that utilize wii controls)

The listings were for

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (.... THIS would be awesome, imagine using wiimote to summon the wind)
Mario Sunshine
Metroid 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
F-Zero X

My other favorite game is already coming as a wiimake Resident Evil REmake for the wii...

so if it doesnt happen, Ill be happy if Nintendo release those games.. then I can officially get rid of my gamecube. those were the only games on the gamecube worth buying and ones that I kept.
Well metroid 1 is out already but doesn't work with the usb loader
smile.gif
(or get a chip and get rid of yer cube anway)

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sebastian25 said:

The listings were for

Mario Sunshine
Metroid 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
F-Zero X

Super Smash Melee would be useless, cause we already have Brawl..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient