Gamecube retail disks won't work anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hvsep, Jan 9, 2014.

1. hvsep
    OP

hvsep GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Hi all.

I haven't touched my wii in a long time until today, and I guess that when I installed (or tried installing?) DIOS MIOS a while ago I ruined my Wiis ability to play retail GC disks (I did run a search but the thread was from last year so I wasn't sure it was up to date).

I updated my IOS's and stuff today (using syscheck and modmii) so everything on that end SHOULD be up to date, but my retail GC disks still won't load (it shows up on the main menu but I get a black screen when i launch it).

What am I supposed to do to update the gamecube side of things for my Wii so I can load retail disks and be able to load backups as well?

Here's my syscheck for you all in case it helps. Thanks a lot in advance!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. diesal11

diesal11 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    As far as i am aware, you can't.

3. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Actually, DIOS MIOS runs retail games just fine BUT it HAS to have the USB drive connected EVEN when you're playing a retail game.

4. hvsep
    OP

hvsep GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I tried running a GC game with a blank Fat32 32kb cluster USB plugged into port 0 with DIOS MIOS 2.6 but I still get the black screen when trying to launch the game.

Is the USB supposed to have anything in it, even if I just want to play a retail game?