Gamecube on wii emulation questions!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by markofbear, May 14, 2013.

1. markofbear
    OP

markofbear Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Heya all, just wanted to know if you can play gamecube games with USB loader yet and if you can use a classical controller? If not what is needed? Apparently I got one of the wii's that is not compatable with gamecube memory cards so my old GC collection is collection dust!

And sorry if my english is bad, its pretty late over here :)

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    You still need a GC controller, so your non-backwards compatible Wii won't be able to play them yet, sorry. But USB loaders do work with DIOS MIOS and Devolution and there are ways to get around using a memory card (though it's far from perfect so far).

3. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    1) Yes it has been......for a while.
    2) Classic controller is not supported so if you can't use GC controllers your out of luck
    3)https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2 (This is a link to the file you need to get and play YOUR GC games
    any more questions?

4. markofbear
    OP

markofbear Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Yeah thanks guys! Its the black family version wii that doesnt have any gamecube compatibility at all! :C anyway thanks for the fast answers :)

5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    There may be some hope as supposedly Devolution may one day support Classic Controller support. However, Devolution required you actually put the real game in the Wii the first time you use it for USB loading, as the creator for some reason deemed it necessary to have piracy protection, despite the fact that in this day and age if you buy GC games, they are certainly going to be used, so your money would only be supporting the likes of used game retailers like Gamestop... but I digress, at this point thats not yet possible anyway, so you might as well go the Dios Mios route if you're going to use GC loading from USB on your Wii.