Gamecube iso?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SilverJWii, Dec 17, 2013.

1. SilverJWii
    OP

SilverJWii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Hi,

I hacked my wii 4 years ago and installed alot of channels on on my wii, one of them was a Gamcube backup loader that was able to play multi iso gamcube disks. recently, i decided to rehack my wii using modmii and was able to update to 4.1U from 3.2U. My problem is now the gamcube backup loader doesn't work, how do i fix this? or should i use the different channel? I have neo gamma R7 installed but that only plays Wii back ups

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    If you don't have a modchip, you probably installed Wiigator cMIOS to be able to load burned discs.
    You will need to reinstall Wiigator cMIOS.

You can have only one "MIOS" system file at a time.
    When you used modmii, it updated it to the official MIOS.

MIOS : official, play retail discs
    cMIOS: plays burned discs
    DIOS MIOS : plays backup from usb, Plays retail disc from disc channel
    DIOS MIOS Lite : plays backup from SD, Plays retail disc from disc channel

installing a MIOS file removes/overwrite the one you currently have.

3. SilverJWii
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Oh I see, so why is it I am able to play wii back ups? did modmii not overwrite the cIOS i had before? or did they just update them to a new CIOS

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    cIOS and cMIOS are two different things. ModMii installs MIOS (retail discs only) by default but installs working cIOS files for Wii backups. You'll have to install one of the MIOS types described above to play GameCube backups again.

5. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    NeoGamma R9 plays Gamecube backups and multi-ISO discs, but you need a proper cIOS and a cMIOS for it to work.
    I suggest using the ones recommended in the NeoGamma R9 thread.

6. SilverJWii
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Okay, so i followed a guide and installed wiigators cMIOS.

using nus downloader to download the correct Wad, RVL-mios-v10 and putting it on the root of the sd card.

then i wiigator MIOSpatcherv10 app in the homebrew channel to install it.

when i used Neogamma, the wii didn't reset like before, which is good, however when it recognizes the GC backup, it says insert disk and press A,

i hear the drive spinning then it goes back to the previous menu, and loops like this.

on a side note, i noticed i wasn't able to enter the homebrew channel from bootmii, so i used hackmii to install bootmii again, because i thought outdated(I installed bootmii around 4 years ago) and it fixed the problem. I went into priiloader to see if maybe something was turned off for the gamecube mods and noticed bootmii in the menu and click on it, but it said bootmii ios not found....is this a problem?

thank you for your help