Gamecube games on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Vlugge Japie, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

Gamecube games on Wii by Vlugge Japie at 9:44 PM (1,329 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Vlugge Japie
    OP

Newcomer Vlugge Japie Member

Netherlands
    I'm trying to get my gamecube games to work on my wii with vga cable to my computer monitor. I there any way to do this. I've got a couple of multi game discs using GCOS and some normal games. The vga cable can only output in 480p but gamecube games can't for some reason because I do get sound but no video. Virtual console games won't work either.

Some games I've been trying:
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Zelda Wind Waker
    Zelda Four Swords
    Mario Kart DD
    Super SSmash Brothers Melee

2. Farquad

Newcomer Farquad Member

United Kingdom
    I feel you pain, I'm doing having to use a vga cable too (Mayflash). My monitor still displays the gamecube games but it shows 2 of the same screen displacing them, one just overlapping the other. This reneders most games unplayable and I can only play N64 VC games, anything from a lower platform makes my monitor chuck out a "frequency out of range" error.

3. Vlugge Japie
    OP

Netherlands
    I don't get any video output at all, it's just a black screen. I don't get n64 games working either. I heard something about progressive scan but don't get what it does or is.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...are you using that cable from vdigi?

If so...I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Check out this review: it has the entire story of progressive scanning in it (if you do a search on this forum for "vdigi", you'll find even more info).

The good news is that you may be able to get some games working (once again: check the link). The bad news is that it depends on the game and the region, and can take quite some trial-and-error.

Oh, and a couple wii games may also suffer from not being compatible (the trauma center games may have this same thing).

5. flobo

Member flobo GBAtemp Regular

France
    I remember that on gamecube, PAL game can not output 480p except with the japanese D-terminal cable.
    NTSC games can output with D-terminal or other cables just the same.

it has something to do with adding the 60hz option, they half broke the 480p converting the games (and never corrected it)

6. Vlugge Japie
    OP

Netherlands
    I have the pal games but if I download The NTSC versions, the progressive scan will work?
    I have the blazepro wii/ps3 vga cable.

7. flobo

Member flobo GBAtemp Regular

France
    Yes, it'll work on any 480p compatible NTSC game (you may have to hold B when loading and choose 480p in the dark still, if the selection menu is 480i. in that case try it on another tv so that you see what it looks like.)

8. Vlugge Japie
    OP

Netherlands
    Ok, I got it to work. It's a little tricky to know when to hold B but then again, It works.
    Thanks everyone for the help.