Homebrew GameCube Disk Image Files Corrupted?

Andrewgym

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I recently downloaded a GameCube ISO. I was going to rename it to game.iso so nintendont would read it, but instead I double clicked it by accident , as in to try and "Mount" the ISO. When I did so, I recieved a message stating "Couldn't mount. The disk image file is corrupted". From there I redownloaded the game, tried it again and same problem. So I downloaded a few other games, which all gave me the same outcome. However when I tried it with PS1 ISOS, they mounted just fine. The strange thing however is that while its stated that the file is corrupted, nintendont plays it fine. I'm thinking this issue is probably linked towards windows being unable to read GameCube ISOS format, but I'm unsure of this. I've tried it with other friends computers and they get the same error when trying to mount gcn disk image files. In addition, I don't think my ISOS are corrupted since they have the same disk and disk size, Winrar extracts them just fine, and am able to copy them to my hardrive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thx in advance guys.

Last edited by Andrewgym,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Gamecube (and wii) isos are encrypted, and use a different partition table, compared to normal dvd file system or cd-rom system.

To mount them, you need a specific program, like dolphin emulator.

In short, your situation is perfectly normal, windows couldn't mount these games.

Reactions: Andrewgym

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey everyone. I recently downloaded a GameCube ISO. I was going to rename it to game.iso so nintendont would read it, but instead I double clicked it by accident , as in to try and "Mount" the ISO. When I did so, I recieved a message stating "Couldn't mount. The disk image file is corrupted". From there I redownloaded the game, tried it again and same problem. So I downloaded a few other games, which all gave me the same outcome. However when I tried it with PS1 ISOS, they mounted just fine. The strange thing however is that while its stated that the file is corrupted, nintendont plays it fine. I'm thinking this issue is probably linked towards windows being unable to read GameCube ISOS format, but I'm unsure of this. I've tried it with other friends computers and they get the same error when trying to mount gcn disk image files. In addition, I don't think my ISOS are corrupted since they have the same disk and disk size, Winrar extracts them just fine, and am able to copy them to my hardrive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thx in advance guys.
GameCube ISOs are encrypted. ;)
Edit: :ninja:

Reactions: Andrewgym

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not actually encrypted, they're just not ISOs. They do not use ISO 9660 or Joliet filesystem. Wii discs' partitions are encrypted.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021