Gamecube controller support

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kbf, Jan 4, 2017.

1. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Is there a way to get gamecube controllers to work with wii U VC games? if I remember they don't work on the wii U by default. I have a mayflash adaptor so that's why I was wondering.

2. Ace212

Ace212 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    You can try using HID to VPAD. You can get it via WiiUBru's Homebrew Appstore.

kbf likes this.
  3. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is there a way for the wii U gamepad and a gamecube controller to run at the same time or will I need 2 gamecube controllers if I wanna play in multiplayer mode for VC games?

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Dude, there are threads for all your questions. Stop making new threads and use the search button.

5. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I get it. My apologizes. But for this specific question i'm not really sure where to look or how to phrase it.

6. ManCloud

ManCloud Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You could also use a wiimote with a gc2wii adapter. See http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_wiimote/index.php. With this you don't have to use any hb to use a gc-controller as it will transform your wii-mote into a classic controller pro. Built one on my own and it works perfect.

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

7. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

Thanks but is there a way to get two gamecube controllers working with just one wii U pad?

8. ManCloud

ManCloud Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I'm not quite sure what you're meaning. But with this adapter you'll be able to use 4 Gc controllers at once and the wiiu pad, as the controllers will be connected to the wiimote(s).

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk