Hardware Gamecube controller or Wii Classic Controller Pro.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering of which one to get. Price doesn't really matter for me at all.

Gamecube Controller Pros of what I know of:

Plays Gamecube games
Plays all VC games
Compatible with some regular Wii games but less then Classic Controller Pro.

Classical Controller Pro
Wireless
Plays VC games
Compatible with more Wii games then Gamecube controller.

I really don't know which one to get, although it does kind of suck that the Gamecube controller isn't wireless. Another thing is that I am quite used to the Classic Controller button layout because it looks more like the PS2s, while the Gamecube controller is totally new for me and weird looking. Also what is more conformable to use for Nintendo 64 games?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The GameCube controller is, in my opinion, the most comfortable controller you can get. Really fits into the palm. Once you get into the feel for it, it's a lot more valuable in my opinion over the classic controller. Most Wii games that do bother support the classic controller will in turn support the GameCube controller as well (Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, etc.), so I'd say the GameCube controller is the better deal.

And the classic controller isn't wireless, it connects into the back of the Wii remote (where the nunchuk would plug in) and it does get a bit annoying at times. I prefer GameCube controller.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the Gamecube controller. If it's a Wavebird, it's wireless too. Also, I think the Classic Controller Pro still needs a Wiimote to use (I may be wrong on this).

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4 Wavebirds and love them, that being said I get more use out of my classic controllers.

If your system is hacked and you play NES or SNES or TG-16 games then get a classic Controller by all means. You will be better served by it then the GC controller.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I won't probably be playing TurboGrafx-16 games anyways. I Just noticed that you can't use a Classic Controller to play Gamecube games.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
If you plan on playing Gamecube games you should get the real controller. However the classic controller is a must for Virtual Console or using emulators and in the case of NBA Jam Wii is compatible while the GC controller isnt.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a PS2 controller that you like, just get this:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/6283955/ps2-to-ga...or-playstation2

Then you have all the benefits of the Gamecube controller with the classic controller layout.
happy.gif

Also, if you have one of the wireless varieties, bonus points.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GC controller is great for the N64 games, better than the classic for sure there... and if price is no problem then by all means grab Wavebird (yeah wires are so yesterday aren't they), though they're getting tricky to find these days (at least here in the UK)

Smash Bros Brawl? GC > Classic anyday!

Classic Controllers however are far better for emus (or VC) up to the 16bit era, and of course the much better option for the PlayStation & Mame emus to boot.... in fact pretty much anything 2D is better with the classic - the GC controller really does have the most horrible dpad positioning ever imo - worse than the 360 pad for me anyday - it's THAT bad!

Like has been said though, if money is no problem get both - they're both essential Wii purchases imo!

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
Jakob95 said:
Well I won't probably be playing TurboGrafx-16 games anyways. I Just noticed that you can't use a Classic Controller to play Gamecube games.
Bang! Classic controller for gamecube games.

http://gbatemp.net/t243857-wii-classic-gam...p;#entry3040682
There really is no point of that because it still uses a wire. I would rather get the Gamecube controller. And that controller actually acts like a Gamecube controller so it won't work in some games like in NBA Jam.

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both and I like the GC controller more due to the backward compatibility. I use it for a lot of my backups and to play homebrew games. I also find the Gamecube controller more ergonomic than the CCPro.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MarcusRaven said:
If you have a PS2 controller that you like, just get this:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/6283955/ps2-to-ga...or-playstation2

Then you have all the benefits of the Gamecube controller with the classic controller layout.
happy.gif

Also, if you have one of the wireless varieties, bonus points.

GameCube Controller >>> PS2 Controller = SNES Controller with Analog Stick and Vibration of N64 Controller creating something named "DualShock".

GameCube Controller is awesome. You can play all VC games but some games doesn´t support it.

I don´t tried Classic Controller, only on Brawl and sucks.

Choose it depend what you going to do. GC games, VC and Wii games that supports it or Classic Controller to play VC, emulators and Wii games.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the classic controller.

Also its pretty stupid how gamestop is selling the used Gamecube controller for $15 while selling the used Gamecube it self for $30 I rather just get the Gamecube and get the controller it will come with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1