Gamecube controller how open plug

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ikds, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ikds
    OP

ikds Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Do you suspect a broken connector/wire in the connector? Because if not and you have a replacement then most people would just chop it off somewhere along the wire and solder a new one on.

Afraid I am not by a gamecube controller right now so I can not answer the question asked. If memory serves though you are probably going to want a decent poker/pick as there were some exposed snap tabs, and as with most things plastic a decent spudger as well.

ikds likes this.
  3. ikds
    OP

ikds Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009
    Okey I try ;p
    I want to replace the cable for longer than the standard

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Owing to all the various hacks over the years, and relative failure of the GC, they are probably as rare as rocking horse shit decorated with hens teeth but GC extension cables do exist. That said if you are just extending it then slice the wire and extend that instead -- far easier than fiddling around resoldering a connector that was factory fitted and not designed for this sort of thing.

Sick Wario likes this.
  5. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    You can buy Gamecube extension cables from ebay for a buck or two, then just chop of the end and splice.
    While you're on ebay, try and find some shrink wrap crimps, as they would allow for a more compact splice then, say, electrical pigtails.