GameCube controller adapter not working with Nintendont, and Nintendont won't upload through the app

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by lasagnapapa, Oct 23, 2019.

1. lasagnapapa
    OP

lasagnapapa Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2019
    United States
    I have a Nintendo GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U, and it works on Smash Bros for Wii U, but won't work for Nintendont games.
    I've tried everything, using vWii Injections from the Wii U menu, going to Nintendont on the vWii menu, and controller.ini's from everywhere.
    I cannot get it to work no matter what I do.
    Also I cannot update Nintendont within the Nintendont app for some reason, it just tells me it can't connect to the internet.

2. thepocketnerd

thepocketnerd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    United States
    As far as updating goes, vwii is very picky about wifi and won't work with certain kinds of networks. It won't work with my wpa2 network but my wii u has a perfect connection. Your best bet is to manually update Nintendont. As for your adapter, is it the official one from Nintendo?

3. lasagnapapa
    OP

lasagnapapa Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2019
    United States
    Yes it is the official one from Nintendo.
    I didn't think about vWii having issues with wifi.
    I opened a new guest network on 2.4ghz and that worked fine! :)

thepocketnerd likes this.
  4. thepocketnerd

thepocketnerd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    United States
    Happy to hear you got the wifi working. My router doesn't have a guest network so I have to use my phones Hotspot. Since you have the official adapter, get the controller_Nintendo_Wii_U_GameCube_Adapter.ini from the Nintendont github, rename it to controller.ini and put it in apps/nintendont on your SD card. Also make sure that you have native controllers turned off in nintendont

Last edited by thepocketnerd, Oct 24, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted