Hacking Gamecube Backups REFUSE to play, different loaders, different problems. PLEASE HELP!

KingUniverse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wirecon.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, I've checked everywhere I could find posts of others that have had similar problems to my own. I've followed pretty much everything I could find, and STILL cannot for the life of me load a gamecube backup.

Current situation:

I have reformatted my USB drive to be a single, primary, active partition (Fat32 w/ 32 cluster size)
I have Wii backups in a "WBFS" folder (they play just fine, no problems at all)
I have GameCube backups in a "games" folder

I have tried USB Loader GX with DIOS-MIOS
- Problem here is it says "To run GameCube game with DIOS MIOS you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first partition of the Hard Drive.
-- I have set the 'Main GameCube Path' to USB1:\games\ (The location of my GC backups and the folder that every tutorial and even DMToolbox set up itself.) I've also tried setting it as just USB1:\ and that just made the GC backups disappear from the games menu.

I have tried WiiFlow with Loader settings as:
-DEFAULT: Freezes at black screen
-AUTOMIOS: Freezes at black screen
-Devolution: Black screen then resets back to "Press A to continue" then Channel Screen
-Nintendont: Shows a screen to select the game, looks like it's loading fine, gets to "Checking FS:" and shows an error and turns off my Wii

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the error from Nintendont
Initially the kernel says 5, then when it gets to Checking FS: it changes to the -5 you see there
CAM00639.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Please no flame sessions, I'm trying to get this to work for my daughter.

EDIT: I've tried SD loading and the same black screen freeze happens.

KingUniverse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wirecon.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The checking fs error on Nintendont should have been fixed like 3 months ago (r230)

I'll try updating, but unfortunately fixing this Nintendont error still does not get Gamecube backups to load with anything else, I'll update the latest version and see if there's any difference .. ...

UPDATE: Surprisingly, IT WORKED! (With Luigi's Mansion at least) Why is it that Nintendont is the only loader working properly?

secrettrek3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your Nintendont still show that screen that prompts you for a game? I'd like to know if it can be skipped over when loading from WiiFlow, like can the name be passed to the Nintendont app. It feels redundant to select the game twice.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your Nintendont still show that screen that prompts you for a game? I'd like to know if it can be skipped over when loading from WiiFlow, like can the name be passed to the Nintendont app. It feels redundant to select the game twice.

You need to turn on autoboot in Nintendont settings

secrettrek3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to turn on autoboot in Nintendont settings

Hmm. So I did that within Nintendont, but every time I launch the software, it seems to have not saved that setting.

Some other pages indicated I should be changing this within WiiFlow, but I didn't see a GCN setting other than Language, Video, loader, and Ocarina. Not in the graphical interface.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. So I did that within Nintendont, but every time I launch the software, it seems to have not saved that setting.

Some other pages indicated I should be changing this within WiiFlow, but I didn't see a GCN setting other than Language, Video, loader, and Ocarina. Not in the graphical interface.

Update WiiFlow. The newer versions should have that option. If not you can use one of the WiiFlow mods by ABZ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16