Hacking Gamecube backups, controller not working.

SakkeMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi.

When using GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2, both of my backups boots just fine (Zelda WW & SM Sunshine, burned to separate discs.)

Only problem is i get no response from controller at all, controller confirmed working in other applications and games like wiiware.

I believe my Homebrew channel is up to date, but im not really sure about cios or mios or whatever they are called, im really not sure where i can confirm witch i have installed and witch are not. There is so many of them so i get really confused.

I have also tried NeoGamma loader, but it doesnt load my backups at all, freezes when it says its starting the game.

So since neogamma does nothing i believe this is something ios/cios/mios related, can someone point me to right direction?

Funniest part about this is i had this same problem about a year ago when i was more into this matter and i got it working somehow, but i cannot remember anymore what i did, all i remember it was pretty easy fix.

In a nutshell:
- Wiigator 0.2 loader boots fine, but not controller
- Neogamma not working at all

Ill look into this as speaking and i will post possible fix here if i can find one, seems like this is common? problem with this backup loader.
All help is welcome.

SakkeMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes this is Gc controllers what i am talking about.

Ill try RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2.wad later today when i get back from work, see if this works.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes this is Gc controllers what i am talking about.

Ill try RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2.wad later today when i get back from work, see if this works.

Just a question, do you have an external hard drive, perhaps one you already use with your wii for Wii game USB loading or storing roms, etc? If so, you might want to try DIOS MIOS, you can now play gamecube games off your hard drive as well.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes i do, but its formatted as WBFS, Dios Mios needs Fat32, can i have both partitions (WBFS&FAT32) or is there a way to boot Wii games from Fat32?
most wii loaders can use WBFS,FAT,NTFS for wii games

you can either convert the WBFS to FAT32 (best way imho, sig)
or delete it and create a fresh FAT partition and then a WBFS one
(or only a FAT, or FAT and NTFS, or whatever else has FAT first)

SakkeMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Question: Can you verify whether or not any of the ports respond to any input in Wii Mode, in for example SSBB or Mario Kart?

Yes, controller works in wii mode with Zelda MM, also works when i boot genuine gamecube disc from wii system menu.

I was not able to get the controller working with burned copies, but i decided to go with the Dios Mios since i have hdd to work with and its possible nowadays to boot gc from hard drive. (I did not know that, thank you duffmmann to help me out)

So what i did was i split my 160gt hard drive in two seperate partitions, one for gamecube as Fat32 and second for Wii to use as WBFS
Works like a charm now.

Thanks for anyone who helped

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So you can do that too? Nice. Ill try that too.

WBFS is a bitch sometimes
With FAT32 all you need to do is grab Wii Backup Manager or similar, chuck ISO's into it and it's going to put them where they're supposed to be, splitting if necessary and you have the added bonus of having Gamecube backups, homebrew and multimedia support, plus you can effectively defragment and take care of that thing. ;)

Just remember to change the settings in your loader, otherwise it won't pick up the switch.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go FAT 32 all the way and while you are at it update your softmod.
I've got a feeling your softmod is out of date.
WBFS formatted drives have been somewhat obsolete for about 2 years.
Also d2x is the best overall cios. It allows Nand save emulation, ios reloading games ( metroid prime, sam & max etc. ) Nand channel emulation, fixed the controller lag on some HDD's. HIGHLY RECOMENDED YOUR UPDATE.

SakkeMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So what i have done so far:
- Installed d2x cios
- Installed Dios Mios
- Updated Usb Loader GX from 2.3 to 3.0 beta (regular 3.0 wanted to copy gc games to sd card or something... beta seems to fix that)
- Formatted my HDD as FAT32 to use both wii and gc (only one fat32 partition, 149Gb)
- Installed Usb Loader as channel to wii menu
- Updated Homebrew channel
- New Laser (Old one was about to die, reading errors etc.)
- New disk spinning motor (Replaced this too since it was so cheap)

My Wii system menu is still at 4.2e, is there need to go for 4.3?

I think im set up pretty good for now, everything seems to run smoothly, especially GameCube backups what i wanted in first place.
Its about two years since i have actively messed with my wii, i am surprised to see how much progress there has been, being able to boot gamecube from hdd almost blew my mind.

Thanks to everyone, you have been very helpful

PS: After all this hark work i think now its time to play some Luigi's mansion :)

rahulvyas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have the same problem as yours GC Controller works in other places but not in GC Games booted from HDD/SD. Dios Mios boots game fine but controller does not work. I have tried wiiGator,Mios V10,waninkoko cMios etc. but none seems to fix the problem. Also it worked few time ago but after the power cut I turned on console and again it's not working. I'm on system menu 4.3U, Latest Homebrew Channel, WiiFlow,USBLoader GX etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok