Hacking GameCube Backuplauncher

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to extract GC save files and convert them so that they work with the new cMios because I updated to Xi and now none of saves work so is there a way or do I have to do all my work all over again

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there are 2 aplications to transfer the GC saves from the cards to the SD, don't remember the names tho...!!!
blush.gif

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I know of those programs I think I have one on my SD but I need a way to "convert" them so that the new cMIOS will read them instead of making a new one

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
there are 2 aplications to transfer the GC saves from the cards to the SD, don't remember the names tho...!!!
blush.gif

yah i tried both of them but none of them seemed to work for me. has anyone actually gotten any of the two to work for them?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got GCCM to get the saves off. However to "convert" them you have to hex edit them. If you don't know how to do that I'd suggest using Theta for the old saves and use Xi for new saves and 2 disc games. There's a tutorial around ehre somewhere that tells you how to hex edit them.

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant to say was has anyone gotten an app to work that takes gci saves from the sd TO the gcn memory card(official). my bad... i made a mistake and wasnt specific enough in my last post...

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I got GCCM to get the saves off. However to "convert" them you have to hex edit them. If you don't know how to do that I'd suggest using Theta for the old saves and use Xi for new saves and 2 disc games. There's a tutorial around ehre somewhere that tells you how to hex edit them."

Ok so would i have to keep switching between the cMIOS or can I keep one and use both loaders?

Edit: My quote got messed up so I did it manualy

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purechaos996 said:
"I got GCCM to get the saves off. However to "convert" them you have to hex edit them. If you don't know how to do that I'd suggest using Theta for the old saves and use Xi for new saves and 2 disc games. There's a tutorial around ehre somewhere that tells you how to hex edit them."

Ok so would i have to keep switching between the cMIOS or can I keep one and use both loaders?

Edit: My quote got messed up so I did it manualy

You can keep and use both loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: