GameCube Backup Manager [Official Post]

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, you must download the new version directly from GitHub.
Sorry, Didn't mean to break that. anything I can do to fix that? Going to work on some localization I guess. Was looking at library management.. but might put that on hold. Thinking, what.. Chinese, Japanese, Russian, French, Vietnamese.. Hopefully google translate won't completely botch it, or it will be better than nothing.

Last edited by Sjohnson1021,

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still have to do this manually? Can the next update enable this by default plz
netverify.png

Changed, will be in the .. next update

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still have to do this manually? Can the next update enable this by default plz
https://github.com/AxionDrak/GameCube-Backup-Manager/releases/tag/latest

might be the last update for a bit. Working on some major re-writes.
GameCube Backup Manager 2022 - 2.6.0.1 - 64-bit 7_12_2022 6_07_11 PM.png

Using internal names (If you don't mind) is MUCH faster. I'm going to work on reading the titles from a .json file instead of the xml.. maybe it will be faster, or store it in memory.. .. geeky stuff. But it should result in faster load times.

v2.6.0.2

What's Changed​

• Search now updates live as you type​

• Added a label to display the number of games found​

Troy0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t get the app to launch, any suggestions? (Win10, 64 bit, pretty vanilla). It prompts with “Do you want to let this app make changes” and when you hit yes, nothing. Checking the system tray I do see an icon (or several, depending on how often I’ve tried it) but they are “ghosts” and go away when you point at them. Ohh, and I also tried updating to NET 4.6 (then also 4.8) and it says they are already installed. Thanks anyone in advance for suggestions!

Troy0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t get the app to launch, any suggestions? (Win10, 64 bit, pretty vanilla). It prompts with “Do you want to let this app make changes” and when you hit yes, nothing. Checking the system tray I do see an icon (or several, depending on how often I’ve tried it) but they are “ghosts” and go away when you point at them. Ohh, and I also tried updating to NET 4.6 (then also 4.8) and it says they are already installed. Thanks anyone in advance for suggestions!
Ahhh, got it. The installer (exe) wouldn’t work, but just downloading the ZIP and extracting it works fine. Hopefully, may help someone else.

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, got it. The installer (exe) wouldn’t work, but just downloading the ZIP and extracting it works fine. Hopefully, may help someone else.
I'm rebuilding the installer as we speak. Sorry about that. More improvements and tweaks to come soon.

Zip file and setup updated, and working. Let met know if you experience otherwise.. and keep an eye out.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Release 2.6.0.9 - Major stability Improvements. Getting ready for rewrite and multiplatform support.
Screenshot 2022-09-01 020218.png

Auto Updater works again. :)

Alright. Let's Talk.​

Some of the recent builds have been.. a gamble. And for that I apologize. I will invest time and energy into learning to work with Unit Tests. This way 1, standard functionality is basically guaranteed to be immediately noticed if its broken, We can generate more meaningful and precise data to use for optimization, and there's less pressure/uncertainty when downloading an incremental release. Which means you guys get a faster program, that works more consistently, and there will be reports to verify it has been tested.

I'd like to thank all of you who have taken the time to test, and communicate here or in the forums. It is very helpful, and encouraging to see people still interested in a (t- ~14days) 21 year old console, and its games. Not to mention that you are willing to lend your time and effort to further the project.

I look forward to working with what/who's to come with the upcoming migration and rewrite.

Keep an eye out for 2.6.1.0 soon. There will be nothing major changed. as this version has essentially reached end of life. We are in the process of stripping it down to it's core, and rewriting it to be 🎶better, faster, .. stronger? no.. more stable, and more accessible. I can make no promises.. But MAUI apps can run on Android and iOS.. so.. .. ..... just saying. 🤔

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.6.1.1 is Here!
190305787-24c38be5-ec4a-4e86-90c3-1d69a35c5f4f.png

If you haven't updated in a while, this is one to check out.

Scrubbing works with internal titles and xml titles. Batch installs work for both 1:1 (Exact) and Scrub (Trimmed).
Disc 1 and 2 are placed in the same folder for use with Nintendont.

Once again feel free to reach out here or on GitHub for support, suggestions, or even contributions.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This one looks like a great tool! Thanks!

Spanish translation still has some Portuguese words. How can I help with translation into ES_MX (Spanish-México)?

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• GCBM-Resources-2022_09_15_00_02.zip
    84 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: jeannotte

Sjohnson1021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I heard you like .. no.. we're not doing that.

2.6.1.2 More Languages thanks to DeepL

190935319-ca37d9c5-1213-49af-b585-2a5df1667556.png

What's Changed
  • [Localization] Added DeepL as an AI-driven translation agent for localization.
  • [Localization] Added 5 new Languages, translated via DeepL.
  • [Localization] Hopefully improved existing German, French, Japanese, and French translations.
  • [Localization] Credits to @CDreamer for assisting with localization for es-MX [Spanish (Mexico)]. *Not yet active
New build should be dropping today if not. Only noticeable improvement would be the addition of a FileNotFoundException handler that will ask you to re-locate any 'missing' files. Especially useful during large batches of installations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol