GameCube backup loading?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Truner, Mar 12, 2013.

Mar 12, 2013

GameCube backup loading? by Truner at 3:05 PM (574 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Truner
    OP

Member Truner GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Long story short, my friend's Wii disc drive died a horrible death. The cause was Brawl, what else.

After a while, he decided to put Homebrew Channel on it, alongside some backup loaders. Everything was fine up until this day, when we decided that playing Super Mario Sunshine would be pretty nice (his GameCube's disc drive died too... he plays too much). So we decided to get a new SD card, install CUL on it, alongside DIOS MIOS 2.8. We have a 4GB pendrive (works for Wii games) reformated to FAT32 (with 32kb cluster size and all that using minitool) and converted the game to it (conversion was done before so we had to manually open the folders).

It didn't work. CUL wouldn't load it and we can't find any options to show GC games or any of that. We decided to get USB Loader GX and Wiiflow, but non of them would should the game. Any idea how to backtrack the problem or something? We've followed guides for this multiple times. The Wii is from the PAL region and a launch copy.

2. earny

Member earny GBAtemp Regular

France
  3. Jayro

Member Jayro MediCat DVD Developer

United States
    I can't get it working either. :/

4. luke9511

Member luke9511 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try using discex to convert the gamecube iso and see if it works cause i have super mario sunshine on usb loadgx r1209 and dios mios 2.8 and can play no problems

5. Truner
    OP

Member Truner GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    I used discex to convert the game, but I decided to download DMTool to do it and it works now!