Gamecube Backup Launcher issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Fuzzy Yogurt, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010
  1. Fuzzy Yogurt
    OP

Newcomer Fuzzy Yogurt Member

United States
    Simple rundown.

I THOUGHT I modded my Wii correctly in order to play GCN games via Wiigators GC Backup Launcher 0.2 I was unaware that I had a d3-2 drive sooooo.....I did a drive swap last night.
    I've almost got this working but i'm facing a few issues i'll try my best to describe and explain. Don't know if it'll help but also keep in mind that my Wii is NTSC and i'm playing on a 52" hdtv that supports NTSC.

When I first start up the GCN backup launcher it starts up as expected. Seems to be centered on my TV screen and the colors look as they should.

Well, when it finally starts to read from my multi-game ISOs the screen sorta glitches out for a split second and then the options to play the games appear in the bottom left-hand corner as expected.
    However the ENTIRE picture shifts down and to the right. It's no longer centered like it was before it started reading the ISO. I'm n ot sure if this is related to part of my problem.

So here's the real problem. All of the games work....sorta.... So at least I know I swapped out for a drive that works. What's happening is that the games will not display correctly. Here are some examples.

Take Zelda: Windwaker for instance. If I start it with NTSC, It will start up however the colors are way off and there are visible lines travelling sorta horizontally across the screen. The game is centered on the screen fine though. Also...my GCN controller won't work.

If I press B to use the patched MIOS, the screen will just go black and nothing happens.

If I press X for PAL, the whole screen turns green and nothing happens.

If I press L for PAL60, the whole screen turns a fuzzy green.

If I press R for 480p I get the same results as if I started it with NTSC. Colors all messed up and my GCN controller wont work.

As far as other games go, I get similar results....although I can play some off them like F-Zero.....the color is just messed up.

Maybe I forgot to install something? Or maybe installed the wrong version of something? Any help to get my games working....and looking normal...would be great. Thanks guys.

2. bladepwnedyou

Member bladepwnedyou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think even though your using a NTSC multi-iso The wii is booting the G-C launcher in PAL mode which makes the colors all distorted or black and white ect (If what i'm reading is correct that is)

My solution to you would be to burn a Single game (NTSC) (not multi) and put it in to boot up the Launcher into NTSC mode, eject the 1 disk and insert your Multi-iso disk, it should read it accurately then with no distorted colors.

Also for me Ive found putting a ntsc wii backup also makes it work as well with the ejecting process as well for w.e reason. I used a NTSC backup copy of "Wii Music" for example.

Hope this helps.

3. Fuzzy Yogurt
    OP

Newcomer Fuzzy Yogurt Member

United States
    You sir, are amazing. This worked perfectly. The games are all displaying as they should....however....

Still having a few issues to iron out. I'm new to using the gamecube launcher, but it seems rather glitchy. Sometimes when I start up the launcher it'll just stay at a black screen or it'll have green "dots" moving up the main launch screen. Have to manually power down the Wii when this happens. Is this to be expected?

But here is the real problem.

I burned F-Zero as my "boot" disc. If I play it using the patched MIOS everything works fine. However if I use auto-detect or NTSC, the game starts playing normally....but I can't use my gamecube controller.

So I should press B to boot all of my games using the patched mIOS, right? Well...that's the problem. When I boot up the gamecube launcher with a single game disc like you suggested, and then swap it out for a multigame ISO, the option to start them with the patched mios DISAPPEARS! I can boot all of the games using either auto detect or NTSC, and they all play perfectly, but I can't use the controller. The controller ONLY works when I start it with the patched mios.

I also just burned Windwaker to a disc by itself. Again, if I use NTSC or auto-detect, the game starts and looks fine, but I can't use my controller. Except this time when I choose to play it with the patched mIOS, it just goes to a green screen and nothing happens.

So....to make a long post short.....WHY WON'T MY CONTROLLER WORK?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. bladepwnedyou

Member bladepwnedyou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not quite sure why your controller isn't working since i havn't exactly experienced this problem with my wii. It might be because of outdated mios or something along those lines. I believe there is a up to date one to use, not sure where to get it though since my original source was Tehskeen, and that has recently been shutdown.

Glad i could help with what i did. All in all wiigator should just update the stupid thing because there are still quite a few bugs with it, but he's disappeared from the scene from what i know of at least.

5. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You could try installing BC v5 just use Dop-Mii v12 as v6 or higher has compatability probs with some games and with Wiigators 0.2 use Mios v4 as base that combo should allow you to play Zelda collection sonic gems and ocarina master quest
    EDIT: Sorry i forgot i installed DARKCORP-v1 cMIOS_WiiGator RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2.wad
    i tried so many combos to get Zelda collections and Sonic Gems to work and this was the best i found to date

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    What about cMIOS rev5?