Gaming GameBridge Vs XCM V-Box

Thanatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im looking for a device that will allow me to take screenshots of Wii games and also record video of a game onto a computer, also id like to be able to run the Wii through a laptop because that would be super useful when i go home for the holidays or the random weekend as im already bringing a laptop and would like to take my Wii and dont want to dig out the crappy 19" tube tv from my closet. Ive pretty much found 2 devices that do both those thing on is the Adaptec GameBridge and the XCM V-Box that both fit my requirements.
The GameBridge
bridgeay6.jpg

And the XCM V-Box
vboxgi1.jpg

Now ive done alot of searching online and haven't seen a good direct comparison of the 2. Ive read a few that simply say get the GameBridge as it has more imput options, i only have a Wii so that use is wasted on me, and that it is cheaper but through searching i cant find it for the sub $20 everyone is claiming more like $60-70. I have found the XCM V-Box for $50 shipped. So my questions are- have any of you used said products? Whats your opinions? What the video quality like? What about lag? Which would you get? Or do you have another device that will do all this and better for under $80? Any help would be awesome! THANKS!

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I wouldn't bother with either one of those. I would find some sort of hd tuner box, either usb, or expresscard. Then just use virtualdub to play live/record. At least with the hd tuner box you could use 480p on your laptop. Even an analog tuner box with native mpeg2 support would probably be a bit better than those.

edit: all of this also depends on how much you want to spend. newegg has a great collection of tuners in both usb and expresscard flavors. although they will start in the $50+ range, so you might want to check ebay or craigslist as well.

Thanatos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hartleyshc said:
Personally I wouldn't bother with either one of those. I would find some sort of hd tuner box, either usb, or expresscard. Then just use virtualdub to play live/record. At least with the hd tuner box you could use 480p on your laptop. Even an analog tuner box with native mpeg2 support would probably be a bit better than those.
Yeah but for $80? Plus ive heard there is noticeable lag when using tuners which for a Game is a dealbreaker.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
When I can get the vbox to connect to my frikkin laptop it works splendidly. I've yet to try it again since I've updated vista, maybe it'll turn on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?