Gameboy Sakura V1.0

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by metron, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008

Gameboy Sakura V1.0 by metron at 5:49 AM (2,671 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. metron
    OP

Member metron GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here is the skin: Gameboy Sakura FINAL
    [​IMG]
    And their is a small preview. I need people to test and tell me how they like or dislike it and what I can do to improve it! It is not yet finished so it wont look 100% complete but its in good enough condition to use.

UPDATE: in this update the mp3 player now has been changed and I fixed the problem with the clock covering words. Also made the "Nintendo Gameboy Sakura" on the bottom screen lighter making easier to read the first folder. Update to the colortbl.ini.

FINAL UPDATE: everything should be set to go now!

TO-DO LIST: nothing hopefully

SOUNDS: Gameboy Sound Pack Their is the sound pack that goes with this skin. It changes the current default sounds the m3sakura plays when opening a folder, booting up, etc. instructions on how to use them are included in the zip folder! plz let me know if you experience any problems with these!

LOADING SCREEN:: Heres the mini_load.bmp[​IMG]
    right click and "save as" then rename it to mini_load.bmp and place it in the system folder.

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    That's looking really fresh and retro at the same time! Can't wait to see how the rest of it turns out!

3. lilkerv90210

lilkerv90210 Newbie

ill help test it....

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    From looking at it for less than a minute, the first thing I see is that the top folder blends in too much with the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura text on the bottom screen. You can't see what the folder is. I also think it could use some new "Start" and "Options" buttons for when you select a game, but I guess that's why it's not the final version! I'll edit this post if I find anything else.

EDIT: Also, the date/time in the top right corner goes over what the directional buttons and what the A button does. I also want to say that I really like the video player controls. Very original!

5. metron
    OP

United States
    I noticed the date and time problem. the only way to get around that is to move the text inward a little. wich I thot would look a little weird. I figured that everyone (im pretty sure everyone) knows what A and the directional buttons do [​IMG] but moving the text wouldnt to bad of an idea. and for the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura part I could either lighten it up or just remove it. Whatever you thinks would look best. and yea. the buttons i havnt gotten to yet. gonna get those tommarow, along with the mp3 player.

6. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    Maybe (and I'm by no means a designer here) you could just remove the directional and A button's descriptions totally. That way you could have space for the time and have the controls for every other thing. In my opinion you don't even really need the controls, but that's up to you.

7. metron
    OP

United States
    Update to the first post. Please read it for the download link and a list of changes!

8. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    I like what you did with the top screen in this version. It also fixed the clock problem, so that's good. The top folder is still sort of hard to read, but nothing I couldn't live with. Otherwise looks good. I think it's ready for a final version.

9. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not a big fan of user skins... not at all. in fact, for Sakura I generally use a Japanese GBalpha made skin.

that said, this skin is awesome. pure and simple Nintendo.

you deserve high praise.

[​IMG]

10. metron
    OP

United States
    expect it to be done sometime soon (probably sometime after Christmas) becouse where I am its only 1:45 AM Christmas. I dont usually spend much time on the computer during the Holidays so yea...

11. metron
    OP

United States
    update to first post. FINAL version released! everything should be set and rdy to boot! If any problems plz let me know!

12. tphi

Newcomer tphi Newbie

France
    Congrats ^^ What a beautiful theme ! Just love it [​IMG]

13. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sweet dude, I will check this out.

14. metron
    OP

United States
    So, I recently found out how to edit the sound effects in Sakura. So im makin a sound pack to go with this theme! keep checking back to get them!

EDIT: Got the sound effects working! They are in the first post.

15. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    Could you maybe make a mini_load.bin to go with this? I think that's what it's called (named it off the top of my head) but basically it's the picture that comes up when a game is chosen. That would make it complete in my opinion.

16. metron
    OP

United States
    ya. I could do that. mini_load.bmp doesnt usually take long to make.

EDIT: Heres the mini_load.bmp[​IMG]
    right click and "save as" then rename it to mini_load.bmp and place it in the system folder.

17. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    Why the heck did I put mini_load.bin! I know for sure that's not the file name! Guess I had a brain fart! Anyway thanks for the picture.