Hardware Gameboy Micro accessories?

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't resist. I had been VERY skeptical when it first came out, but secretly, deep down, I always wanted one. I found a GBA Micro at a pawn shop today for $12. It came with nothing but the console it self, so there's no power cable or spare face plates. I actually wouldn't mind finding a new face plate, this one is scratched fairly bad, but it's still usable.

My biggest concern with it though is the power cable. That is sort of a necessity for it.

I'm also curious if there are any flash carts for it. Doesn't seem like the games stick out any when put in thankfully, so unlike my old DS Lite (which was given to a friend for christmas), I don't think there will be any issue with form factor.

Also, I would like to hook this up to my Wii from time to time for older gamecube games such as Pokemon Colosseum, Zelda Wind Waker, etc. I know that physically it's not capable to, but I've heard that it is possible.

Reactions: 1 person

PSI Ground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, it's impossible to find mint faceplates anymore unless you buy a boxed system. I seriously have no idea why no third party companies make them especially considering more people seem to be buying them, but eh.

Second, you can use any normal GBA flash card to my knowledge. Not that I know of any good ones still out there for cheap, except the Ez-Flash IV.

Third party power cables can be found fairly easily online for cheap.

For the GCN cable you'd probably need some know-how in wiring to turn a GBM link cable into a GBM-GCN cable, because to my knowledge there isn't a GBM-GCN cable. There MIGHT be an adaptor of some sort, but the only ones I know of let micro cables go into a regular GBA, SP, or Game Boy Player, not the other way around.

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to find a third party power cable locally for $10. Total Gameboy Micro investment: $22.74! At least now I can play it without fear of it losing the battery.

I'll look into wiring a gamecube to GBM my self. Thankfully the Gamecube to GBA cables are easy to find, but not so much GBM to GBA cables...

I would only want a face plate to get rid of scratching on the screen. I'm fine with scratches on the handheld it self. On the screen though is VERY distracting. Perhaps someone here has one with little to no scratching on the screen?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Good luck with those faceplates.

I live in Tokyo. You'd think, of all places, Akihabara retro shops would be the place to find them, but no.

Someone a few months ago here mentioned that Nintendo of Australia still has them for sale. I was unable to turn up any evidence that this is true, nor any other Nintendo distributors that still have them.

If you find any, please please please let me know.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with those faceplates.

I live in Tokyo. You'd think, of all places, Akihabara retro shops would be the place to find them, but no.

Someone a few months ago here mentioned that Nintendo of Australia still has them for sale. I was unable to turn up any evidence that this is true, nor any other Nintendo distributors that still have them.

If you find any, please please please let me know.
Haha...please let me know as well. I found a micro on craigslist for $15 without anything...got a charger off amazon for $5 and everything works perfect. I would love some faceplates and have been tempted to buy a new system...just cant make myself drop the $90-100 on it tho ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?