Homebrew Game wont work (White screen on launch)

Bcrossgba2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i have been trying to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong Miniland Mayhem on my DSI. I currently have unlaunch, HYACFW, and Twilight Menu ++ installed following the dsi cfw guide. I do have Unlaunch set to launch HYACFW when no button held, this is how i normally load Twilight Menu ++ and play other rom's.
Initially i downloaded the EUR version of the rom from romsmode and tried to open it using Twilight Menu ++, this resulted in a AP Patch notification i pressed "a" to continue and got a red screen with a error code. I restarted the system and tried opening the game again through Twilight Menu ++, got a ap patch, hit a, and this time the "pong" loading screen came up but then i just got a white screen. So i tried messing with various settings like force dsi mode, and boost cpu speed with vram boost on, but no luck. So finally i decided to try doing the AP patch, I downloaded the DS Scene Rom tool and AP patched the rom. Tried all of the previous steps, messing with the settings and no luck. I figured hmm maybe its a bad dump so i download the USA version off another website, did all the previous troubleshooting steps before and after ap patch and the rom will just not run for me. If you have ANY idea on how to get this brute of a ds game running please drop a reply down below! Thanks!!!!

Bcrossgba2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, how come when i click "SLOT-1 Card" with my Pokemon Black cartridge in slot 1 it just gives me a white screen should'it it just run the cart? **note i can run the cart by clicking "System Menu" and opening it from there.

Last edited by Bcrossgba2019,

Bcrossgba2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to run the DSi-Enhanced games in DS mode.
Also, Slot-1 cards with TWL on the sticker won't work.[/QUO
Okay i set it mode to "ds" mode and the game is now running smooth thank you very much! :) And what exactly do you mean by TWL on the sticker?

D

Deleted User

It say NTR on the sticker its Pokemon Black. And why do i keep getting a red error screen the first couple times when trying to load new roms?
then it's a fake. It should say twl

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

20190427_154629.jpg

Last edited by ,

Bcrossgba2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right i was holding my wrong blue dsi... it is TWL.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, sorry i was looking at the wrong cart it says "TWL-IRB0-USA".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1